👩🏼ᴅᴜᴄʜᴇꜱꜱ ꜱᴏᴘʜɪᴇ👩🏼

Scene: Bagshot Park Mansion

Scene: Bagshot Park Mansion. Dining Room.

Kalianna sat in front of James's mother, Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh

Kalianna sat in front of James's mother, Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh. She was wearing the same pink-white from her Great-Aunt Cortina's royal picnic.

The said woman delicately poured some Earl Grey tea in her vintage China cup before pouring tea in Kalianna's cup.

"Thank you, Duchess Sohpie," She politely thanked her.

Sophie nodded and picked up her cup, sticking out her pinky and lowering it, sipping her tea.

Kalianna gently picks up her cup. "I'm... most honored that you invited me for afternoon tea, Duchess, but how did you send that invitation to my home?" Kalianna asks, taking a sip of her tea.

"We royals have our ways," Sophie smiles and places her cup down on the vintage China saucer, and Kalianna does the same. "My husband and I saw you speaking with my son at Grand Duchess Cortina's royal picnic. I'd like to get to know you better if you're going to be acquainted with my son."

"Oh. Where is your husband and children, if you don't mind me asking." Kalianna says.

"My husband is having guy time with his friend Cedric De-Sinclair, and my children are spending time with Catherine and Terrance De-Sinclair." Sophie explains.

"How nice. You have a lovely home, Duchess." Kalianna praises, looking around the dining room. "This dining room is beautiful."

"Thank you," Sophie accepts the praise. "Are you in relation with Cortina De-Sinclair and Constantine De-Sinclair? The Grand Duchess and Duke of Luxembourg?"

"Yes, I am." Kalianna confirms. "Cortina is my Grand-Aunt and Constantine is my Grand-Uncle." Kalianna explains.

"Ah, then Catherine, Terrance, and their father Cedric are your cousins, I presume?" Sophie guessed, sipping on her tea.

"Yes, Duchess." Kalianna nods, taking a sip of her tea as well.

"You're late aunt, Regina De-Sinclair, was also a Grand Duchess, was she not? And your father's a Grand Prince, yes?" Sophie grilled her. She wanted to find out about Kalianna's royal lineage as much as possible to see if she was a good match for James.

"You're right, er, correct, Duchess, but my father hasn't passed down the title of Princess, and frankly, I don't want him too." Kalianna says.

"Oh?" Sophie rose an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"It's a lot of responsibility being a Princess, my Duchess, and I already have a lot of responsibility," Kalianna thinks of her duties as Lady Luck and Monarch with all the Miraculous in his grasp. "Being a royal lady is more than enough, it's not that much of a responsibility that I have to carry around."

"Excellent explanation, you have quite the noble manners, young lady." Sophie smiles at her.

"Thank you, I have to thank my cousins Catherine and Terrance for teaching me basic etiquette manners." Kalianna says.

👩🏼👩🏼👩🏼👩🏼

Scene: Bagshot Park. Outside.

Kalianna has her arm linked with Duchess Sophie's as she and her walk together on the grass

"My son is very handsome, is he not?" Sophie asked, breaking the silence.

"He is cute, Duchess, you're son is lucky to be attractive. I'm sure many royal ladies will try to get with him." Kalianna says.

"James is inclusive, he's rarely seen out in the public along with his sister Louise. If he were to start dating, the press would be sure to find out." Sophie explains.

"You can't hide anything from the media, nowadays." Kalianna shook her head.

"Indeed," Sophie agrees. "I've taken a liking to you already, Kalianna. I think the rest of the family will too."

"You think so?" Kalianna questions.

"When you have the chance to meet them, of course. I'm sure they'd love to properly meet the great-niece of Grand Duchess Cortina." Sophie says.

"I'm flattered you think that way, Duchess Sophie. Could you please tell me more about the royal family?"

"Of course, dear."

As Sophie began to explain, Kalianna listened intently, knowing the information may be important if she met the rest of the British relatives and needed to address them correctly.

👩🏼👩🏼👩🏼👩🏼

Scene: De-Sinclair Chateau.

Kalianna opened the door and was met with her parents' anxious looks.

"So? How was it?" Vanita asked.

"...She likes me." Kalianna informs.

Her parents sighed with relief, causing her to sigh as well, sliding her back down against the door.

Thank goodness Duchess Sophie had taken a liking to her, because the last thing she needed was another adult disliking her.

Word Count: 747