CHAPTER 84

Chapter 84

    Goldbach is a great mathematician, and he was able to come up with the conjecture of "1+1", which is listed as one of the three major problems in the world. Ming Xia has been working on this conjecture since a few months ago, trying to compare with the previous one. Just like "Zhou's conjecture", try to prove it.

    In the first sentence every morning, has the proof of "1+1" come out?

    The last sentence every night, whether I have made any new progress today.

    Everyone's hobbies are different, some people like listening to music, some people like sports, maybe there are many people like Ming Xia who are immersed in academics and scientific research. German writer Grimmelshausen once said, "Good things always take time, and great things cannot be achieved without a lot of hard work and labor. If you want to eat walnuts, you must first bite the hard shell."

    After the io is over, Because of that unexpected speech, and the very "scumbag" "card ending" behavior, Mingxia often received enthusiastic "renewal messages" from players from many countries, including the chairman of io, and several other countries who were at the time The leader of the team will occasionally send her a "kind" greeting, and ask about the progress of the proof of the "Goldbach Conjecture" by the way.

    Among them, another team leader from the United States, who was unexpectedly absent from the exchange meeting that day due to illness, was named Ethen, who was also the reviewer of the SCI paper "Proof of Zhou's Conjecture" by Ming Xia. attitude is the most complicated.

    Let's talk about enthusiasm, his tone can't be said to be lively, let's say he is not enthusiastic, he is really the same as Jiang Ye and Gu Bingjun, he comes to ask about Ming Xia's proof progress if he has nothing to do, there is a kind of "although I I asked, but it doesn’t mean that I agree with you, nor does it mean that I think you will prove this conjecture.”

    Ming Xia responded to the message a few times, and after realizing his attitude, she didn't bother to reply, and just said "um", "ok", and "thank you" out of politeness, and passed it perfunctorily.

    But she didn't know that in Europe across the Pacific Ocean, every time Ethen asked her about the progress of her proof, she actually felt very uncomfortable.

    Ethen doesn't pay much attention to the theory of Mersenne prime numbers, let alone the "Zhou's conjecture" proposed by the Chinese, but the "Goldbach conjecture" is completely different. This is a conjecture that he has studied for decades. He has published many related research papers and books, and has gradually stabilized his position in the mathematics world, which also opened the door to the Princeton Institute of Mathematics.

    In the last century, so many mathematicians with high reputations concluded that the proof of "Goldbach's conjecture" is impossible in the current environment, and a new mathematical idea must be proposed. In addition, I have already With some research results, and thus gained a corresponding status, Ethen became more and more immersed in the research and proof of "Goldbach's Conjecture".

    It can be said that for him, the "Goldbach Conjecture" is not only a source of opportunity for status, but also a theoretical formula full of mathematical beauty that he deeply loves.

    Ethen knew in his heart that at his age, and mathematics is such a subject that requires talent, the possibility of making academic research results that shock the world is very low. But he always thought that maybe, in his lifetime, he could see a world-renowned mathematician prove the "Goldbach Conjecture", or simply let this conjecture be a world problem and leave it to the next generation to continue to study.