1. 751,300 points?!

751,300 POINTS?!

October 29th, 1984
6:30 pm 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie is watching The Shining for probably the millionth time. Technically, she's not aloud to be watching rated R movies as she's only 13, but her parents have been out of town for about...what is it? 65 days now? She's totally lost count.

Stephanie's parents have been leaving on 'business trips' for mostly her whole life. (She honestly doesn't know how many business trips a person can take in their lifetime.) So she had turned to her older brother, Steve as a parental figure.

"Ste-ie-g-t-yo-r-as-ov-r-he-r-!" What she assumes is Dustin (based off of his very distinguishable tone) speaks garbled through her walkie-talkie.

"Dustin! Slow down! You know the signal doesn't reach here, dingus," Stephanie replies back through her walkie hoping that it doesn't sound as jumbled as Dustin's mini rant.

Stephanie reluctantly clicks off the TV and makes her way to her brothers room to ask him for money.

"Steve?"

"Steph, what do you want now?" Steve says with an eye roll in his voice.

"So, I might need some money. again...for me...to...use." Stephanie advances into her brothers room and notices how messy it is. Ew. Boys.

Steve turns around in his chair and gives Stephanie his 'disappointed mom' look.

"No. Not today you have asked for money Sunday, Saturday, and Friday. No. No more money," Steve says while counting on his fingers to emphasize his point.

"It's not that many days," Stephanie mumbles to herself.

"Yes it is."

"Okay, this is the last time I'll ask, I promise," Stephanie pleads, walking closer to Steve and watching his face as he gives in.

Steve sighs, reaches into his pocket, and grabs out many quarters, putting them into Stephanie's open palms.

"Thanks, Steve, I owe you!" Stephanie yells out while already bounding down the stairs.

Stephanie runs out of her big, empty house and grabs her blue and yellow bike that was fallen on its side near the front door.

Stephanie bikes until she sees the big spinning Palace Arcade sign.

While she walks into the arcade she sees Mrs. Byers dropping Will off.

After last years events Mrs. Byers became super protective over Will and no longer lets him bike anywhere, especially at night.

"To slay the dragon use the magic sword!" Princess Daphne giggles while she's on the screen.

Stephanie is too busy looking at Princess Daphne...no...definitely the soldier knight guy. Definitely. Who else would she be looking at? But Dustin's anxiety finally snaps her out of her head.

"Oh Jesus I'm in uncharted territory here, guys," Dustin groans as he keeps his eyes glued to the screen.

"Down! Down! Down!"