*v.

BOWL BOY

October 31st, 1982
6:45 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie plays with the hem of her Halloween costume, anxiously waiting for Will to answer the door.

Will opens the door, a smile on his face in his Raphael costume from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"You ready?" Stephanie asks eagerly.

"Yeah, my mom just wants to give me a haircut real quick before we go." Will responds, brushing hair away from his eyes. "You can come in."

Stephanie steps into the Byers house to find Will's mom, Joyce, frantically searching through the cabinets in the kitchen.

"Will, have you seen- Oh! Stephanie! You're here! Can you help me look-?"

"Got it, mom!" Will yells from around the corner, holding a metal bowl in his hands.

Stephanie furrows her brows. "Why do you have a bowl?"

————

༺♥༻ "Okay, I didn't actually know you deliberately put a bowl on your head for your mom to cut around every month?" Stephanie laughs to herself, poking fun at Will while they walk to Mike's. "You're, like, a little bowl boy or something."

Will looks at Stephanie with a surprised look on his face. "Oh, a bowl boy?"

"Yeah, but a little one because you're short." Stephanie nods, throwing in another playful insult.

"I'll be taller than you, someday. Just you wait for it." Will announces, puffing out his chest to appear bigger.

"Oh, I'll wait...bowl boy."

"Is this going to be a thing now?"

"I don't know, bowl boy, is it?"

"Stop it, seriously."

"Only if you say please and accept the name bowl boy."

"Fine. Please and I accept the name."

"What name?"

"Bowl boy."

༺♥༻
why are bonus chapters so painfully hard to do

anyways go read the first chapter of my new robin fic, crazy kid!!! it's only on the first chapter but it'll be such a crazy (pun intended) story. if you thought take on me was juicy, this one is juicy times a million

8/14/23