6. hallelujah, my ass

HALLELUJAH, MY ASS

November 1st, 1984
3:15 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Max and Stephanie walk into Mr. Clarke's classroom when the bell rings, indicating the end of the day.

"This is the reason I was late for class." Dustin sets his ghost trap on the table.

Mr. Clarke examines the black and yellow doors. "Pretty neat. These doors function?"

"Well, yeah, obviously. But it's not about the trap. It's what inside," Dustin answers. "Now this very well my change your perception of the world."

Mr. Clarke smiles. "Consider my interest piqued."

Alright, first, let's just clarify that...this is my discovery, not yours."

"Dustin, Jesus! Just show him!" Lucas yells.

"I'm just trying to clarify-"

"Dustin!" Max and Stephanie shout at the same time.

"Okay, fine."

Right before Dustin was about to open the box, Mike and Will burst through the door.

"Stop!" Mike yells. "I'm sorry, Mr. Clarke. It was just a stupid prank."

"What are you doing?" Dustin scoffs.

"I told him to stop. We need to go!"

Mike picks up the ghost trap and runs toward the door pointing and yelling, "Right now! RIGHT NOW!"

The group runs out the door leaving Mr. Clarke stranded.

Stephanie turns back before running out the door. "Sorry," she says, an apologetic expression on her face.

Mike leads everyone to the AV room. When they get there, he shuts the door and locks it, leaving Max outside.

"Woah, Mike, what are you doing?" Stephanie says to Mike, who's panting from all the running.

"She can't know!"

"Wait what? What do you mean?"

During all this, Max is banging on the door, "Hello? Hello? Guys, come on. Can I come in yet?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

Mike and Stephanie glare at each other.

Mike explains the whole story that Will thinks he saw Dart last year.

"I don't understand," Stephanie finally says, looking up at Mike.

Mike looks back at Stephanie with his face scrunched. "What do you not understand?"

Lucas picks it up, "Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?"

"Kind of, but there was no tail."

Mike looks at Will. "But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound."