7. this is too intense

THIS IS TOO INTENSE

November 1st, 1984
3:45 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie's eyes go wide. "What?"

Mike looks around the room. "Will. He's not here. What if he's having another episode?"

The group shares terrified looks. Dustin tries to reason with Mike. "Maybe he tried to find us? We could've taken too long to get here?"

"No. No. His walkie-talkie is right there." Mike points to the floor, where Stephanie and Max are standing.

Stephanie looks to where Mike is pointing. "Oh, shit."

"We gotta find him," Mike says with a scared look that Stephanie has never seen before.

The party runs out the door like lightning.

Stephanie runs aimlessly down a hallway. "Will? Will!?"

The rest of the group runs in different directions, screaming Will's name.

After running across half of the school, Stephanie crosses paths with Dustin, who's walking in front of Max.

Stephanie slows her running. "Did you find him?"

"No. We haven't"

"Shit."

Then Mrs. Byers comes walking down the hallway. "Dustin!"

Dustin turns around. "Mrs. Byers?"

"What's going on? Where's Will?"

Stephanie was about to explain the whole interdimensional slug-ran out the AV room-Will found it in the bathroom-now he's gone situation, but Lucas comes running into the school from outside.

"The field!"

Without hesitation everyone follows Lucas out the door.

They make it to the field outside the school and see Mike shaking Will, who's standing still, not not moving.

"I just found him like this!" Mike yells to the group running towards him. "I think he's having another episode!"

Mrs. Byers puts her hands on Wills shoulders. "Will! Will! Will!" Wills eyes are closed, but they look like they're still moving. "Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom!"

"What's going on? Is he okay?" Stephanie pants.

Mrs. Byers persists. "Will, wake up! Can you hear me?"

Stephanie looks at Mike and sees that he's about to cry.

Stephanie knows him and Will are really close. She puts her hand on Mikes shoulder to get his attention. "He's gonna be alright, Mike."

"You don't know that."

Stephanie doesn't argue back because Mike right, she doesn't know anything that's happening.

Why won't he wake up?

Is he having another episode?