25. sauna? more like trauma

SAUNA? MORE LIKE TRAUMA

July 1st, 1985
12:30 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie watches as the boys walk into the men's locker room.

Once Mike comes back through the door, he marches back to the girls.

"So?" Stephanie asks, walking to stand in front of Mike

Mike looks confused. "So what?"

Stephanie sighs. "What's your plan?"

"I can't tell you." Mike starts. "Yet."

"Oh, my God." Stephanie rolls her eyes at Mikes total idiocy and goes back to standing next to Max.

————
8:30 pm

༺♥༻ The party waits hours for the pool to close.

The sun was down, the pool lights turned on, the water was calm without kids splashing water and yelling everywhere.

Stephanie looked around the corner and waited until Billy was at his locker.

"Now." She whispered, pointing at Max.

Max walked over to the gate to the locker room and banged on it, making a loud noise Billy was sure to hear.

"Pool's closed." Billy says, unenthusiastically.

Max looks at Stephanie before hitting the door again. Stephanie gives a nod before Max hits the door again.

"Hey." Billy says, this time more aware. The locker door slams and Stephanie hears footsteps towards them. "Hey! Do you hear me?"

This was Max and Stephanie's cue to get out of the hall and to the sauna room, with the rest of the party.

Stephanie hears Billy try and open the door unsuccessfully, obviously, since she locked the door prior.

Once the girls make it with the rest of the party, Mike finds the breakers and shuts off the lights in the locker room.

He talks through his walkie. "Billy."

"Who's there?" Billy asks, trying to make his voice intimidating.

"Billy!" Mike repeats in a sing-songy voice.

"Who's there?" Billy repeats, reciprocating Mikes tone.

Mike does his best creepy laugh into the walkie, hopefully making Billy walk closer to them.

"Billy!"

Stephanie hears the shower curtains open one by one as Billy creeps closer.

"Billy!"

"You think this is funny, huh?" Billy's voice comes through as a muffle to each of the kids.

"Come and find me!"

"I find you, it is your funeral." Billy says, inching closer towards Mike's voice.