33. how did i end up here

HOW DID I END UP HERE

March 21st, 1986
7:30 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ The last thing Stephanie Harrington wanted to do was go to a pep rally for her overly peppy high school classmates.

The second to last thing Stephanie Harrington wanted to do was see her boyfriend, Matt Carver.

The third to last thing Stephanie Harrington wanted to do was go to a pep rally with her overly peppy cheerleading teammates.

Basically, Stephanie didn't want to do many things. Starting off with her overdue english essay that she would have to finish that morning either in the car or during the pep rally if she didn't want to get another detention.

Currently, Stephanie is in the backseat of Steve's car, on the way to pick up Robin so he can drop them off at school, probably to feel he's needed other than to just have sex with girls all day in the back of Family Video. Stephanie once walked in on that. It wasn't a pretty sight.

The Harringtons pull up in front of Robins house and she runs out the front door, millions of items in her hand.

"Hey, Rob!" Stephanie yells out of the window.

Robin gives a rushed wave as she opens the backseat door and throws her trumpet, jacket, and backpack next to Stephanie. "Morning, Steph!"

Once Robin gets into the car, Steve pulls away and heads to the school as Stephanie pulls out english folder with her half ass job of an essay and begins to write.

Out of nowhere Steve blurts out, "There's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college."

"Uh-huh." Robin mumbles while using the overhead mirror to do her makeup.

"So, it's like, do I really want to have another relationship that has no point other than sex?"

"Woah! Woah, woah." Stephanie yells, cutting Steve off. "Let's not talk about that."

"Yeah, yeah, blah, blah." Steve rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, blah, blah." Stephanie mocks as she continues her essay, now rushing through the second paragraph. "Continue, I guess." She sighs. "I'll just block it out from my poor, innocent ears."

"I mean, I don't know." Steve does as he's told and continues. "Does that make sense to you?" He asks, turning to Robin.

"Hey! Eyes on the road, Steven." Stephanie yells again, turning his head back to the road with her hand. "You already got pulled over and we can't let that happen again." She whispers, making a slicing motion across her neck.

Steve immediately turns his head back to Robin, totally ignoring Stephanie. "Robin, are you listening?"

"Uh, yes!" She answers, obviously not listening or wanting to listen about Steve's sex life.

Stephanie turns her attention back to the now three paragraphs of absolute shit she's written down so far, already not caring as there's only a day until spring break, she can worry about her grades after break...or never. She'll probably go with the second option anyway.