22. we finish each others...sandwiches!

WE FINISH EACH OTHERS...SANDWICHES!

June 30th, 1985
10:00 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ The girls are walking to Max's house bright and early in the morning. Well, not bright exactly. The thunder has not stopped since late last night and it's still continuing, forewarning the rain.

Stephanie was lucky enough to convince Max to take a detour to her house so she could change her clothes that she had slept in from the previous day.

Now, they're on their way to check out Billy's room. Who knows what he has in there. Gross.

"It's gonna start pouring soon." Max sighs. "We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something."

"Can we watch The Breakfast Club?" Stephanie asks, suddenly really wanting to watch a movie.

"No, Steph. I can't tell you how many times I've been forced to watch that with you."

"You don't believe me?" El looks at Max.

"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally," Max starts, slowing down her strides, "but you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just...sensed you somehow." Max shrugs, not fully believing the fact that Billy would actually hurt someone.

"But the screams—" El adds.

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing." Max hesitates for a second. "When Billy is alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises."

"Woah, wait what?" Stephanie interjects. "You mean, he does...it?"

"Yeah, they like, scream." Max talks with her hands.

"They scream?" El repeats.

"Yeah, but, like...happy screams." Max finds a good phrase for 'my brother has sex with girls and is really loud in the process'.

El sighs. "Happy screams? What is happy screams?"

Max takes a deep breath and thinks for a moment. "It's just..."

"It's sex, El." Stephanie states very matter-of-factly.

"S-sex?" El stutters. "What is that?"

"Well, it's like..." Now Stephanie felt how Max felt trying to explain the moaning. "It's when two people really like each other, and they...uh...they..." Stephanie looks at Max for help.

"I'm just gonna lend you my mom's Cosmo." Max gives a face.

"Cosmo?"

"A magazine for todays women." Stephanie says, putting on her best announcer voice and pretends she's holding a microphone.

The group makes it to their destination: Max's house. They stand out front before fully committing to going inside.

"His cars not here," Max points out, not wanting to be the first to go in.

"You really want to do this?" Stephanie asks, looking to El, who couldn't be more focused on the house.