*ii.

AN OFFICIAL TRIO

May 11th, 1978
7:40 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie and Will push their bikes into the rack in front of their elementary school.

The two talk about new TV shows they're watching, their upcoming classes, how excited they are for the summer when Stephanie notices a timid kid that neither of them recognized walk by.

"Who is that?" Will asks, his eyes wide.

Stephanie watches the boy walk into a classroom, that just so happens to be Stephanie and Will's first grade class. "I don't know. He's probably new."

The kids walk in the room, their teacher greeting them with her usual smile and small joke about how the two are practically inseparable.

The mystery kid sits down at a desk next to Will's labeled, Michael Wheeler.

Their teacher starts the class but diverts from her usual opening by announcing that there's a new student.

"Okay, friends, today is a special day because even though we are already halfway through our first grade year, we have a new student joining us for the remainder of the school year. Michael, can you come up to the front of the class, please?"

Michael slowly walks to the front of the class, keeping his head down.

"Um, hi. I'm Michael but you can call me Mike and my family just moved from the town over to here on Maple Street." Mike says, his words barely over a whisper.

The teacher ushers Mike back to his seat and turns her attention to Stephanie. "Steph, I assume you will show Mike around the school during recess?"

Stephanie smiles at the offer. "Okay."

————

༺♥༻ At recess, Stephanie runs up to Mike and introduces herself. "Hi, Mike! I'm Steph, short for Stephanie but you don't have to call me that. And I guess I'm supposed to show you around our school since it's your first day and all."

Mike gives the girl a look of confusion, but ultimately agrees to follow her around the school.

Stephanie brings Will along inside, the two bounce off each other while explaining different details of the school.

"So I guess that's all of the school and we can go back to class now since recess is over." Stephanie says, leading the two boys back to the first grade hallway.

Mike catch up to the girl as Mike asks, "do you want to be friends with me?" He suddenly becomes visibly embarrassed. "Or not if you don't want to you don't have to be."

"Yeah." Stephanie nods her head. "Yeah, of course. I mean, as long as we all can be friends. Kind of like a duet, right?"

Will furrows his brows. "I think it's called a trio."

"Whatever, same thing."

"Duets are two people and trios are three people, Steph." Mike adds, slightly smiling.

Stephanie rolls her eyes, seeing that they're already connecting. "Okay, then since there are three of us, we're officially a trio."

༺♥༻
these ones are really difficult to write bc they're so young 😭😭
there's gonna be a time jump soon to like after s2 after steph meets all the party members.

i feel like i've been so inactive but i've been so busy with german club for school bc my dad has been forcing me (not really) to make these huge ass signs for the cake wheel we're doing

anyways that's basically my life story so bye now

7/27/23