51 1/2. through her eyes

THROUGH HER EYES

March 27th, 1986
9:00 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Max still doesn't know how lucky she is that Stephanie Harrington is in her life.

Through everything, everything, Stephanie always found a way to be there.

When the two met in front of the school that Halloween week changed her life forever.

When Max will think back on any memory she has once she moved to Hawkins, Stephanie was there.

Skateboarding in front of the school? Stephanie's sitting on a bench only feet away.

Being introduced in front of the whole class? Stephanie's only a few seats in front of hers.

Trick or treating on Halloween? Stephanie's right beside her.

Passing notes? They were always to Stephanie.

Digging in the dumpster for a slug? So is Stephanie.

Sitting on top of an old bus in the junkyard while baiting a Demodog? Stephanie's laughing beside her.

Going to the mall? Stephanie insists on carrying their bags.

Every single feeling that Max has towards Stephanie, she buried deep down inside of her. When she first moved to Hawkins and the two shook hands, something inside her had changed. For a girl. Not any girl. The girl. Her girl. When Max started to realize that she actually liked liked Stephanie, she knew she couldn't tell anyone.

Which is why she started dating Lucas.

Maybe if she started dating a guy, those feelings would go away.

But when Max finally had enough courage to confess to Stephanie in the hospital last summer, Stephanie beat her to it.

They started dating until Max grew apart from the party.

Still, Stephanie was always there.

At the pep rallies, in the hallways, walking on the sidewalks on warm days.

The girl that she had fallen in love with, the smiley, happy, girl she had fallen in love with, now lays unconscious in her arms as Max wills her to stay strong.

Max and Erica desperately knock on neighbors doors, needing an ambulance immediately.

Erica bangs on another door, both herself and Max expecting no answer.

No response.

"Do it again!" Max urges as she moves Stephanie to the side of her, pressing down on her wound.

Erica hits the door harder, only this time, they get a response.

"What's going on?" The person says, worry in his eyes.

Max recognizes the person as Mr. Clarke.

"Max?" He questions, looking down to Stephanie and fully realizing the urgency. "Oh, my God."

"Call 911." Max cries. "Please."

༺♥༻
broooo just one more chapter left 😧

7/20/23