36. cultastic

CULTASTIC

March 22nd, 1986
9:30 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ The kids arrive at Family Video and leave their bikes fallen on the ground next to the entrance.

Max and Dustin rush through the doors with Stephanie close behind them.

"Hey, Steve." Dustin pants as he walks up to the counter.

Steve points to the TV. "You see this?" He asks, probably talking about the news.

"How many phones do you have?" Stephanie called, completely ignoring her brother.

"Someone was murdered." Steve tries again.

"How many phones do you have?" Stephanie repeats, hoping that it'll stick into his head.

"Two. Why?" Steve shakes his head and turns to Robin.

Robin returns the same worried look. "Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back."

Dustin nods. "Yeah, three works."

"What are you doing?" Steve sighs, shaking his head.

Dustin throws his backpack over the counter, knocking basically everything off of it.

"My pile!" Robin yells, jumping back.

Then Dustin throws himself over the counter. Swinging his legs around, hitting everything else off of it.

"No, no, no!" Steve yells while trying to push Dustin back. "My tapes!"

Dustin sits himself in front of the computer and starts frantically typing.

"Oh, my God." Max sighs as she pulls Stephanie by the hand through the door — a much easier way to get through.

Steve throws his arms up. "What are you doing, man?"

"Setting up base of operations here." Dustin responds, probably not listening.

"Base of operations?" Robin repeats while picking up everything that got knocked over.

"Get off." Steve tries to pull Dustin away from the computer.

"I need it." He argues back.

"For what?" Steve scoffs, as if Dustin pulled him away from the computer and started using it.

"For Eddie's friends' phone numbers." Dustin answers, tired of the questions.

"Oh, yeah. Your new best friend you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?" Steve mutters to himself, still loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Thats crazy, I think I've said something exactly like that before." Stephanie laughs, turning to Max.

"I never said that." Dustin turns back to Steve.

"Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around, but it's Saturday." Robin pops up from the floor, putting everything back up. "It's our busiest day."