*iii.

CANNONBALL

August 18th, 1979
2:00 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ "Cannonball!"

Stephanie laughs as she gets splashed by Mike jumping into the crowded pool.

Mike resurfaces as Stephanie climbs up the ladder, getting ready to jump in.

She walks backwards, creating distance between herself and the edge so she can get a good run up.

"Okay!" Stephanie yells to the two boys. "You ready for this one?"

Will gives a thumbs up and Stephanie's off, running and jumping into the water.

Unluckily, she hadn't checked for anyone swimming by her landing spot and completely lands on top of a kid about her age.

"Oh, my God, I am so sorry!" Stephanie stresses, her hand covering her mouth. "Seriously, it's all my fault."

"Don't worry, it's fine." The boy smiles. He hesitates for a moment. "Um, what are you guys playing?" He asks, nodding his head toward Mike and Will.

Stephanie swims closer to the other two boys, gesturing the new kid to follow her. "We're just seeing who can make the biggest splash. Wanna play with us?"

"Yeah! What's your guy's names?"

"I'm Stephanie, but you can call me Steph, that's Will, and that's Mike. What's your name?"

"Lucas." He smiles, heading to the ladder, getting ready to jump in.

The three kids cheer their new friend on as he jumps into the pool, doing a twist in the air before landing in the water.

༺♥༻
this one is super duper short but it's okay

since the bake sale is finally done i'll have more time to write since i was at the park from 9am to 8pm for two days in a row 🥹

7/31/23