43. it's always an attic

IT'S ALWAYS AN ATTIC

March 25th, 1986
9:20 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ As Stephanie walks around the house, trying to find Vecna, Robins voice comes echoing through the house.

"I got him!"

She runs towards Robin only to see the light fading away.

"I had him." Robin sighs to the group, who is now gathered around each other.

Steve light starts to shine, making him follow it up the stairs, leading the way.

At the first landing, the light goes out.

"Shit." Steve pants. "I lost him."

Max steps towards a slightly ajar door. "No, you didn't." She opens it to reveal the buzzing overhead light.

Everyone slowly walks up the stairs.

"It's an attic." Robin worries, per usual. "Of course it's an attic."

"Why are we living in a horror movie right now?" Stephanie whispers to Robin. "The ghost house? The flickering lights? The creepy ass attic? Next thing you know, someone's gonna get possessed or some shit."

Robin turns to Stephanie with a small smile on her face. "You get it."

Dustin mutters something's about traps and shit but no one has the time or need to acknowledge his worries.

As everyone circles around the blinking light, Dustin speaks up. "Flashlights."

They all shine their flashlights to the lightbulb strung to the ceiling in anticipation. At some moments they'll brighten, and at some they'll darken.

Then, the lights start to burst. One by one. Stephanie shields her face as the glass flies in the air, surely to cut her if she wasn't wearing a jacket.

The dark room is filled only by the fear evident between the kids.

"What the hell happened?" Stephanie pants, checking her body for cuts.

Nancy looks for the vague outline of Stephanie's face. "I...I don't know."

"Eddie needs to know." Dustin exhales sharply, heading for the stairs, leading the group back outside to the car.

༺♥༻
not this being 300 words 😶

whoops

i think this one is gonna be posted along with 44 but idk

7/5/23