42. life is like a horror movie

LIFE IS LIKE A HORROR MOVIE

March 25th, 1986
10:45 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ "Is this a window?" Nancy picks up the page. "Stained glass with roses?"

"Yeah." Max nods and turns to Dustin. "See? I'm  not so terrible after all."

Nancy studies the drawing along with the other ones. "Yeah, well, it helps that I've seen it before."

She takes a paper and starts folding, looking as if she knew exactly what she's doing.

Max and Stephanie give a look and a shrug to each other as Nancy draws lines around the folded papers.

"It's pieces of a house." Max realizes.

Nancy caps her marker. "Not just any house."

"The ghost house." Stephanie adds, remembering the run down mansion that has been sitting boarded up for thirty years.

"It's Victor Creel's house."

————
6:00 pm

༺♥༻ "Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve sighs as everyone stands in front of the Creel house.

They walk up the path to the door as Steve and Nancy pull the nails out of the board covering the door.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve scoffs as a nail falls to the ground.

"We're not sure." Nancy answers almost immediately. "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?"

"Soup?" Stephanie repeats, raising her eyebrows.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is." Dustin offers, taking the initiative as usual. "Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max."

Stephanie watches everyone's faces, all sporting the same confused look as herself. "It's not like we're gonna find it written out to-do list to stop Vecna."

Lucas looks around. "We don't think he's in here...do we?"

Max shrugs. "Guess we'll find out."

Steve and Nancy let go of the board, revealing an old stained glass window and causing everyone to jump back due to the thud it made landing on the porch.

Stephanie looks down at her hand, which is now connected to Max's. The redhead gives a slight smile as Steve tries to open the door.

"It's locked." He fiddles with the doorknob some more. "Should I knock, see if anybody's home?"

"No need."

Everyone turns to see Robin holding a brick.

Robin looks at the brick and shrugs. "I found a key." She throws the brick into the window, making it shatter on impact.