*iv.

NO COLLARBONES?

September 7th, 1980
7:40 am, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ "Class, this is our new student, Dustin Henderson! Please make him feel welcome in our classroom, okay?"

Stephanie smiles to herself as Dustin gives the class a big grin, taking his seat to her right.

She turns to her left to Will, giving the boy wide eyes while nodding to Dustin.

Will gives the girl a smile, also nodding his head.

————

༺♥༻ During lunch, Stephanie, Will, Lucas, and Mike all sit together in the cafeteria.

Stephanie sees Dustin aimlessly walk around the cafeteria, being denied a seat at almost every table.

"Dustin!" She yells, waving her hand to get his attention. "Come sit with us!"

The boy smiles and walks over to their table, sitting down across from Stephanie. "Hi." He says, looking at each kid. "I'm Dustin but you already know that."

"Yeah, I'm Stephanie, this is Mike, Lucas, and Will." She introduces the three, pointing to each kid as they wave to Dustin. "Where'd you move here from?"

"Oh, I've lived here my whole life I've just been homeschooled until now." Dustin explains, talking with his hands. "My mom said she was afraid I would get bullied."

"Why?" Mike asks, leaning closer to the boy.

Dustin takes a moment before explaining. "I have this condition called cleidocranial dysplasia, it affects my bones, pretty much. That's why I don't have collarbones."

Stephanie's jaw drops open. "You don't have collarbones?" She exclaims, insanely confused.

"Nope." Dustin smiles. "Zero."

"That's insane." Lucas comments.

"So," Will starts. "What do you like to do?"

"Well, I like to play Dungeons and Dragons but I've only every played with my mom since I don't really have that many friends."

"We could be your friends!" Will smiles, adjusting his position in his chair.

Dustin becomes visibly excited. "Really?"

"Yeah, of course!" Stephanie assures, happy that they have a group of five. "That would be so cool."

"Okay, yeah! I mean, yeah!" Dustin stutters, surprised that he made four new friends at the same time.

Then the bell rings, indicating the end of lunch and the start of recess.

The kids scramble out of the cafeteria listening to Mike talk nonstop about each of their roles in the party.

"Okay, so, I'm the Paladin, Lucas is our Ranger, Will's the Cleric, and Stephanie is our Rouge." He lists off. "That means you can be the Bard in our party since most of the other ones are taken up."

"Uh-huh, sounds good." Dustin nods along. "Hey, uh, maybe sometime we can all play together?"

Mike's face lights up. "Yeah! Yeah, we play in my basement a lot so you can totally play with us."

"Awesome."

༺♥༻
dustyyyyy

after this chapter the bonuses will probs be longer and longer bc they're just things that i imagined would happen between each season

8/5/23