*vi.

YOU'RE CHRISSY SNOW

March 16th, 1985
3:30 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Max and Stephanie walk into Stephanie's empty house to have their daily after school hangout.

Her parents are at work until five and then they're going to their anniversary dinner, so Stephanie doesn't even know when they'll be home, and Steve is out (desperately) looking for a job. So until then, the girls have the house all to themselves.

Max sits herself down on the couch and flicks on the TV, it already playing a five year anniversary episode of Three's Company, both girl's favorite sitcom.

Stephanie looks over her shoulder from the kitchen into the living room. "Oh, I love that show. Keep it on."

"Duh." Max rolls her eyes as she sits back on the couch, Stephanie plopping down next to her with a bowl of grapes and two juice boxes.

After a few minutes, Max asks, "where are your parents?"

"Where aren't they? Probably going out to eat since it's their anniversary today." Stephanie says without taking her eyes off of the screen. "I mean, I don't get why anniversaries are such a big deal to adults. It's gonna happen every year."

Max quietly agrees and shrugs.

As if on cue, the characters start talking about anniversaries. Janet Wood saying to Chrissy, "An anniversary is a very special event, you know."

Chrissy, being the ditzy character, responds, "It can't be that special. They have one every year!"

Max's face lights up as Stephanie's drops. They turn to each other, Max not being able to contain her laughter anymore.

"Oh, my God! She—you said that! I can't—!" Max speaks out in between laughs.

Stephanie playfully shoves Max to the side. "We didn't even say exactly the same thing! And she's also not wrong, you know!"

Max's laughter dies down, her already forming a plan to totally make fun of Stephanie.

"Hey, Chrissy, could you pass me the bowl?"

Stephanie slowly turns her head to Max, finding a way to get back at her. "Yeah, sure, Annie."

"Oh, my God, okay, that's not funny!"

"Giving you a little taste of your own medicine!"

"Oh that's corny!" Max hits Stephanie on the shoulder. "You little cornball."

"Cornball?!" Stephanie repeats, hitting Max back.

"Yeah, you cornball! You get an option for your nickname, Chrissy or cornball."

Stephanie sighs, weighing her options. "Chrissy, then." She answers rolling her eyes.

"Good pick, Chrissy."

"Shut up, Annie."

༺♥༻
sorry for the slow updates on this 🙁

i've been working on crazy kid for a while and since i have two weeks until school starts, updates will probably be even slower because i haven't even gotten my schedule yet and i don't know if i have study halls. (study halls were when i would write last year) we get our schedules the first day so i'll just keep waiting 💔💔💔

8/23/22