15. give the harrington's a break

GIVE THE HARRINGTON'S A BREAK

November 4th, 1984
11:15 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ "He..he can't know i'm here. He'll kill me." Max looks at Lucas who is looking out the window next to her. "He'll kill us."

After a moment, Steve walks to the door and hesitates before opening it.

Stephanie starts to worry. "What are you doing, Steve?"

Without answering, Steve walks out of the house and closes the door behind him.

Stephanie rushes next to Max so she can look out the window.

After a while of watching Steve and Billy talk, Billy looks straight at the party, making them immediately duck down out of sight.

"Shit! Did he see us?" Dustin pants.

However, Stephanie stayed watching. She didn't care if Billy saw her. Only that he didn't hurt Steve.

Steve turns back to Billy but before he could get a word out, Billy pushes him to the ground.

Almost as a reflex, Stephanie jumps up from the couch. Before she could get to the door, Max pulls her back by her wrist. "Don't go out there!"

Stephanie immediately sits back down and continues watching through the window, realizing it's probably not best to confront Billy.
When she looks back at the two, Billy kicks Steve in the stomach. When Steve is on the ground, Billy walks towards the house.

The kids scramble to the front door. Max and Stephanie are holding hands, probably out of fear. Or maybe something more.

Billy slams the door open, hitting the wall.

Max and Stephanie back up, keeping a firm grip on each others hands.

"Well, well, well." Billy walks towards Stephanie. "Stephanie Harrington. What a surprise."

Now Billy is just inches away from Max. "I thought I told you to stay away from her, Max."

Max looks unfazed. "Billy, go away."

"You disobeyed me."

Stephanie zones out the rest of what Billy's saying and replaces it with pity.

She couldn't believe that Max had to deal with him. All the time. Every day. Her being so unfazed by him just proves how much he does this. Why would he-

Stephanie thoughts are cut off by Billy grabbing her by her jacket and pushing her against a shelf with glass bowls and plates.

By the sudden movement, lots of glassware breaks and falls onto Stephanie. She can feel broken glass cutting into her skin.

Billy comes real close to Stephanie's face. So close that she could smell the cigarette he had just had. "Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her." Billy pushes Stephanie harder into the shelves. "Stay away from her! You hear me?"

Without saying anything, Stephanie grabs Billy by the shoulders and kicks him in between his legs.

Billy groans and bends over. "You're so dead, Harrington! You're dead."

Before Billy could do anything, Steve comes in behind Billy and turns him around. "No. You are." Steve punches Billy in the face so hard that his nose starts to bleed. But instead of crying, or even showing pain, he just laughs.

Stephanie takes this opportunity to run back to Dustin and Mike. Dustin puts his hand on her back. "It's okay. You're okay," he whispers to her, still not taking his eyes off of Billy and Steve.

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh?" Billy yells. "I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

Steve lightly pushes Billy back with two of his fingers. "Get out."

After a few moments of silence, Billy throws a punch, but Steve ducks just in time. Steve punches Billy in the face again, so hard that he almost turns all the way around.

"Yes! Kick his ass, Steve!" Dustin cheers him on.

Stephanie could feel the tears welling in her eyes. Partly because of the cuts on her back, also partly because she's witnessing her brother getting beat up.

Billy starts laughing again, but is cut off by another punch from Steve. And another. Now Billy's backed up to the kitchen sink.

Stephanie could see Billy reaching for something until Billy hits Steve on the head with a glass plate that breaks on impact.

"Steve!" Stephanie screams while jumping back.

Steve walks backward from the blow, making more and more space between the two. When he's not ready for it, Billy punches him in the face, again.

Now Steve is in the living room, still recovering from both hits. Billy walks up to Steve and grabs him by his jacket. "No one tells me what to do!" he yells, not waiting a moment before he hits Steve in the head with his own head.

Now the kids have followed the two into the living room, yelling, cheering, screaming, crying.

Steve falls and slides across the floor, unable to get up.

Now Stephanie is in full tears. Terrified. In pain.

Billy gets on top of Steve and starts repeatedly punching him in the face, so many times that Steve couldn't punch back.

Stephanie is seeing red. She walks up to Billy and tries to push him off Steve, but is greeted by his fist pushing her away, making her hit her head on the tables edge. Causing her vision go in and out.

She saw Billy hit Steve at least five more times and Max hitting Billy with...something.

Then she sees Billy lying on the floor not moving.

Steve isn't moving either.

Then everything goes black.

༺♥༻
since this one was longer than i expected 16 probs won't be posted today.

the harringtons like to get beat up. how cute.

4/7/23