2. hi, im stephanie

HI, IM STEPHANIE

October 30th, 1984
6:40 am 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie woke up earlier than she would normally, but ultimately decides that it's not that big of a deal since she wasn't tired anyway.

Since Stephanie's already ready for school, she decides to get to school early just because she could.

Stephanie makes her way out of her room and knocks on Steve's closed door. "Steve! Come drive me to school!"

"Mmmm."

"You haven't even been to school in, like, a week, so it's not that hard to grab your keys and drive away!"

No response.

"Okay then. Just so you know I'll be biking to school, since you're depriving me of transportation. I could get y'know...hit by, like...a truck or something."

Stephanie takes her time biking her way to school (and not getting hit by a truck) since she doesn't need to be there super early.

Once Stephanie makes it to school almost no one's there yet. Except for one person. She assumes it's a teachers kid since they're always very nerdy and get to school way before they need to.

Thinking this made Stephanie realize that she's super early and that would technically make her a nerd, but she shakes this thought away since she doesn't want to consciously know that piece of information.

She decides to sit on one of the benches that's near the back of the school where the other kid is.

Normally, Stephanie wouldn't go super close to someone that she didn't know to avoid being bullied, but this girl (which she learned from being within 10 feet of this person. Progress!) seemed to emanate good energy. 

Stephanie pulls out her English notebook to work on an essay that her teacher had assigned. She thinks that essays should be illegal and classified as child abuse. She's only 13!

Just as Stephanie starts to write the beginning to her introduction paragraph about how "technology is ruining our society", (her english teacher is a hippie, if that already wasn't obvious.) she takes closer notice to the girl. She is skateboarding. She has firey red hair and is wearing a red Adidas jacket over a striped shirt with jeans that Stephanie personally would've cuffed, but this girl could pull it off either way.

But most of all she was really pretty.

Like, effortlessly pretty.

Stephanie had come to realize that she always knew she was different. But she never knew how or why. She just knew. Her friends in fourth grade all had crushes and even boyfriends but Stephanie never understood why she didn't.

Stephanie must not have noticed she was intently staring at this poor girl, probably making her uncomfortable with the amount of time that this had went on for.

The redhead walked up to Stephanie, still keeping her distance. The girl starts to speak, "Were you just staring at me?" she asks with raw confusion.

This pulls Stephanie out of her thoughts. "Huh-oh-wha-me?" Stephanie points to herself and looks around like the girl would be talking to anyone else.