12. Battle Feild

*Madi's POV*

We sat in the plane for twenty minutes before the emergency services Phil called showed up.

They marched in with stretchers and breathing machines. I stood with Veronica on my back. They wheeled a stretcher over and I lightly set her down.

"Madi. Don't... leave." Ronnie gasped. I teared up.

" I wish I could stay" I said.

They wheeled Ronnie off and Phil came over.

"They're stabilizing Dan." Phil said. We walked over to where the EMTs had Dan on a stretcher and an oxygen tank hooked to him.

I reached over and put my hand to his cheek. It was cold and pale.

"Dan" I strangled.

They took Dan away in an Ambulance. I turned and buried my head in Phil's shoulder. Cries and screams and bodies were all around us. The whole front of the plane was on fire.

"Shhhhhhh. We'll be alright." Phil whispered. I cried louder. After it died down, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Take care of me, Philly?" I asked.

"Forever and always." Phil said, kissing me.

"I love you." We both murmured at the same time as we pressed our foreheads together in the middle of a burning airplane.

After answering questions and put in a police car to go to the hospital to get checked.

After we were done, Dan was ready for us to see him. He was unconscious, but still.

Phil and I held hands as we walked towards his room in silence.

We went in and saw Dan lying in bed. His face was flushed after going through surgery. He had a tear in his stomach lining.

(Again, I'm not a doctor)

"Oh Dan." I mouthed. We sat in the chairs next to his bed. I felt the bandage wrapped around my head and looked at the brace on Phil's leg.

After her surgery, a nurse wheeled Ronnie in.

*Veronica's POV*

I sat in my wheelchair shell shocked.

Dan was lying in bed unconscious and a rough looking Phil and Madi sat by the bed.

Phil slowly got to his feet, a bloody bandage around his knee and a dark brace also. A green gauss strip was wrapped around Madi's head. There was so much blood covering both of them, you could barely tell who they were.

The nurse pushed me over to Dan and left the room.

"Hi guys." I said.

A heart rate monitor that was attached to Dan's arm beeped slowly. It was calming to know he wasn't dead.

"We're sorry." Phil said quietly, looking down.

"It's alright to cry, Phil. You can't be strong for us all. You're only human and Dan was your friend too." I said, looking up at him.

Tears started falling from his eyes and he hugged Madi, tightening his arms around her waist.

"Oh, Philly." She said sadly.

"I love him, Madi. Same as I love you and Veronica." Phil choked out.

"Let's go so Rons can have time with Dan." Madi said, leading Phil out. He leanded on her shoulder and hopped out of the room.

I turned in my chair toward Dan. I do love him. I don't want him to get hurt. I heaved myself out of my chair, fully reliant on my arms, and supported myself on Dan's bed.

I leaned over and kissed him on his cold lips. I remember when they were once warm. His heart monitor slowed down as I set myself in my chair.

I let a tear escape as I wheeled out of the room.

**************^******^

Will Dan live???

Who bloody knows?

Well, other than me.

600 words