15. Aftermath

*Dan's POV*

A while after Ginger left, I sat back in the sofa. I thought about Veronica. Maybe it was best we weren't forcing our dumb relationship.

I got up and went into my room. There was a note on my pillow with my name written on it in calligraphy. I decided to read it. Why not?

"Dear Dan,

I hate you. You ruined my life. You should run away with that Ginger Snap so I never have to see you again.

Haha lol.

(No, I'm not joking.)"

Lots of hatred,
Ronnie

I sat back on my knees. Ronnie. She actually hates me. We broke up. Why does she hate me? Why hate on Ginger? What did she do? She's the love of my life. Why does this hurt me?

I got up and went into the bathroom. I stripped and filled up the bathtub.I turned the water as hot as I could stand it. I sat in the burning water and cried. My hair flopped into my face and stuck. I didn't care.

"Dan? Are you alright?" I heard Madi ask through the door.

"I-I'm fine. "

"Dan, you're crying. Open the door." She said firmly. She tried the handle and the door opened. I must have forgotten to lock it.

I forgot I was completely naked in a tub of still water, but I didn' t give a crap. She walked over and sat in the ground next to the tub. She tried making eye contact with me and trying not to look at the rest of me.

"Dan.", She said softly. "Why are you crying?"

"She hates me. She fricken hates me." I said, sobbing.

"Who hates you?" She asked, her blue eyes deepening with sadness.

"Ronnie. She even said so. In that note." I said, gesturing to the note on the counter.

I watched silently as Madi read the note.

"Oh Dan. She doesn't mean it." She said, looking at me.

"Where is she?" I asked, completely ignoring the statement.

"She's staying with Joe and Caspar." Madi said carefully.

"Great. New replacements."

^***********