39. I can't fix it

Madi's POV

It had been a few weeks since the storm, We were all sitting in the lounge playing portal two when Veronica's phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and her eyes immediately dulled. She walked out of the room and continued playing.

"I wonder who called her." Phil stated. I shrugged, snuggling into him.

"She looked sad. Should I go get her?" Dan just packed a bag and booked a flight"

--A Day Later--

Veronica pulled me into her and dans room, looking down with a god die covering her face.

"Madison," she started, her voice slightly cracking. She only called me that when something was dead serious.

"Yes?" I asked, actually concerned for my normally loud friend.

"Remember Jason?" She asked

"Yeah," I responded

"Well he... I guess he..." Her voice cracked again and a tear streamed down her shadowed face "he was depressed for a while of something. He got cyber bullied because of me and he..." She stopped again. I patted her back slightly "h-h-hung himself" she sobbed, covering her face. "Don't t-t-tell anyone"

I felt very bad for my young friend. Her little brother committed suicide and she couldn't do anything about it.

"I have to go back to O-Ohio" she said

"Then I'm coming with you." I said.

"But I don't want to pu-"

"I'm coming with you. You can't stop me." I said stubbornly.

"But what about the guys, Madi?" She asked.

"Well we can't just leave them in the dark." I said.

"But I don't want people feeling sorry for me. " Ronnie said, her eyes stained red.

"But you can't just keep it to yourself." I said.

"I know. And I knew you would want to come so I already got you a ticket." Ronnie said.

"On top of the ball, you are." I said, grinning.

"My friend Kyle said we could stay with him." She started to explain.

"Kyle?" I asked.

"When we moved over there from the north, he was my friend. Here, I have a picture." Ronnie pulled out her phone and pulled up a picture.

"That's Kyle David Hall from My Digital Escape! Oh my lord you know him!? He was my idol for literal years!" I screeched. I was fangirling way too hard.

"Yeah. I know." Ronnie shrugged.

"In his house." I said, almost passing out.

"Okay, don't blow a blood vessel." Ronnie said, giggling.

"I'm sorry. When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon."

****************************

An update. Half by coolcoolbruh and half by me.

- Krista & Ronnie \(•_•)/\(•_•)/

496 words