41. Going Home

Madi's POV

I walked slowly with Phil slightly smiling. Veronica stood with Kyle, giggling at something he had said. Dan just stood behind us, solemnly staring at his phone. Occasionally he would look at Ronnie with annoyance in his brown eyes.

We went over to Ronnie's old house to see her parents. She had a key so she let us in.

"Mom, Dad! I'm home!" She shouted, like she said she did when she got back from school.

"Veronica!" He parents shouted, running out to meet us. Her mom had tears in her eyes and her dad a tight smile.

"Hi guys. I missed you." She said, hugging them both tightly. They hugged back and talked a bit more before addressing us.

"Mom, Dad? This is my roommate Madi, her boyfriend and my close friend Phil." Phil waved as she introduced him. "And my boyfriend, Dan." Ronnie finished.

Dan smiled and said "Nice to meet you." As he shook Ronnie's parents' hands.

I had noticed a change in aura and look from Dan. I moved closer to Phil and held his hand.

"It's nice to meet you all, and we're glad Veronica has such nice friends with her in these times." Ronnie's dad said.

A tear slipped from Ronnie's mom's eye as she hugged her husband.

"You kids can go find your rooms if you would like. Upstairs and to the right is Veronica's old room and the guest room." Mr. Ronnie's Dad said.

I grabbed my stuff and everyone else grabbed theirs and we marched in single file up the stairs and too our rooms.

"Phil." I said as I set my things on the bed.

"Yes?"

"I'm supposed to be in my Session at the moment." I said, cocking my head to the side.

"I guess you are. But I personally don't think that it would hurt to skip a week." Phil said, sitting next to me on the side of the bed.

"I guess not..." I trailed off, thinking.

*Ronnie's POV*

I looked around my old room. My empty mahogany desk, the blue walls with clouds painted on, and my large bed. The purple sheets and quilt were still there and my furry pillows sat at the head. I walked in with a slight smile. I noticed Dan in the doorway.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked.

He walked in slowly and set his duffle bag on the ground by the closer.

"You lied to me." He stated.

"W-what?" I stammered.

"You didn't tell me about your brother. You didn't tell me. I'm your boyfriend." Dan said, looking down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you. I know that." I said, glancing away from him. I couldn't stand looking at his sad brown eyes.

"But why didn't you? I just want to know." He said.

"I didn't want people feeling sorry for me." I said.

Dan walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me.

"You stupid, little idiot. I'm your boyfriend. It's my job to care about you. Sympathy and all" Dan said. I looked up at his smirking face. I grinned.

"And it's my job to care about you, Howell." I said and returned his hug. He kissed my cheek.

"Just never do that to me again."

***********

I haven't updated in 50 years omg. I'm sorry right now I'm doing Band, National Junior Honors Society, Basketball, and community service hours for church. I'm also studying for taking the college entry exam (even though I'm in Middle School) in December. I'll work on my books more though. Sorry for the wait

- Krista

600Words