Chapter 16

Aditi: Enga da inu kanom nama ivalo seikarama ready agi ukanthutom she asked Tom.

Tom raised his head and again placed his head on her baby bump. Both slept on the sofa.

Aadarsh came back home by 7:30. Aditi and Tom heard his car sound and opened their eyes hurriedly. She took a gift box and greeting card and gave it to Tom.

Aditi: Tom na sonna mathiri itha kudukanum seriya she said and gave a gift box.

Tom took the gift box from her as said and went towards the door step. Aadarsh got down from the car and saw Tom sitting with a gift box and greeting card. Aadarsh looked at him confusingly and went near him.

He knelt in front of him and ruffled his hair.

Aadarsh: Enna da kuluchu dress ellam bayangarama potu iruka ithu enna card gift ellam he asked.

Tom dropped the gift box and greeting card in front of him carefully and barked at him to open it.

Aadarsh chuckled and opened the greeting card first. He opened it slowly. It was a small purple color card.

"Hi Daddy! Are you ready to hold me in your hands!

Will you walk with me by holding my little hands?

Will you buy whatever I want?

Will you rescue me if mommy scolds me?

Will you teach me how to ride a bike?

Keep waiting for me daddy! I am coming to you! Love you Appa"

Tears started to roll down from his eyes. He kissed the greeting card and hugged close to his heart. Tom moved the gift box to him in the way of asking him to open. He chuckled with tears and opened it carefully.

In that gift box there he found two dresses one was a boy baby dress and another one was a girl baby dress. He found pregnancy kit. He saw the kit keenly and smiled. He searched further in the box and found another note.

Will I be momma's boy or daddy's girl?

To know that, wait for me 6 more months.

Aadarsh wiped his tears, Waiting he said and placed the dresses back in the same gift box carefully.

He went inside the house followed by Tom and searched for her. But she was not there. Suddenly he heard her voice.

Aditi: Don't search for me I am not here, Go to the place where you started walking alone for the first time.

He went to the garden near the stone bench and found another gift box. He opened it hurriedly.

He heard her voice again, Porumai ah open pannunga handle with care product she said with a chuckle.

Aadarsh nodded and started to open it slowly.

In that he found an audio player with a note. He played that and heard a heartbeat sound. He already heard his baby's heartbeat sound in hospital but while hearing again he felt some unknown emotion. He opened the note.

" Did you hear my heartbeat daddy? Do you know what it is saying?"

Aadarsh chuckled and nodded as no.

"Turn back side I have a message for you".

"Happy Birthday My Hero!! I Love you Appa"

"I knew that you were not celebrating your birthday after Gauri patti went to heaven but this time you have to celebrate for me with my me and my mommy plch".