Chapter 23

Aditi composed herself and sat straight, Na poi amma pathutu varan nethu avangala na pakkave ila she said.

Aadarsh nodded his head.

Aditi saw the doctor coming out of her mother's room after checking her. She stopped the doctor.

Aditi: Hi Doctor, I am Aditi, she said.

Doctor nodded his head.

Aditi: I would like to know about my mother's health condition, she asked.

Doctor: She is counting her days. So try to keep her happy as much as possible, he said.

Aditi: Is there any possibility to cure her, she asked with expectation.

Doctor: Already she had reached final level of throat cancer, he said breaking all her hopes

Aadarsh came down and saw her eyes which were filled with tears.

Aditi nodded her head at the doctor.

Doctor: I am sorry he said and went out.

Aditi went to her mother's room and saw her sleeping peacefully. She sat beside her and caressed her hair. Tears started to flow from her eyes as she was not able to see her mother in such a state. Sangeeta opened her eyes and saw her daughter. She raised her hands and asked her to come closer. Aditi went closer to her.

Sangeeta wiped her tears and nodded as no while keeping her hands on her stomach in the way of telling it is not good for the baby.

Aditi: Intha pasatha thana na unga kita ketan yen ipa kudukarenga. Yenna yen ipudi konja konjama sagadikarenga pesama ennayum ava koodave onna konnu irukalamala she asked.

Sangeeta cried hard realizing her mistake.

Aditi: First time unga kita onnu kekaran enkaga pannuvengala she asked.

Sangeeta blinked her eyes and nodded her head as yes.

Aditi: Enakaga inu konja naal irunga please enaku delivery agarapa neenga enkooda irukanumnu asai padaran irupengala she asked.

Sangeeta cried more hearing her daughter's wish that too she was asking for the very first time.

Aditi: Apro ella ponnungalum pregnant ah iruka apa amma veetla irunthu vanthu valai kappu panni kootitu poi avanga kooda vechupanga neengalum apudi pannuvengala please ma. Enaku thonum athu ellam ennoda kuzhadhai ku yaar pannuvanu apa ellam athukulla neenga rendu perum manasu mari enkooda vanthuruvenganu en manasula oru orathula sollum she said and cried hard. Without her knowledge she started to share all her struggles with her mother.

Aditi: Ennoda kalyanam muduncha odane neenga enna avanga kooda anupitu france vantenga avaru enna antha hall la vitutu engayo poitaru enganu kooda enaku theriyathu thatha kita keta business visiyama poi irukarunu solluvanga nanum atha ellam nambitu irupan paithiyam mathiri. Apro oru naal na antha agreement pathi therunchukitan enaku apudiye setharalam pola irunthuchu apa unga mela enaku romba kovam vanthuchu analum neenga iruntha enna samathanam panna try pannuvenganu manasu ungala theduchu she said.

Aditi: Appa enaku phone apa enaku avalo oru santhosam enna pathi keka thaan kooptarunu nenachan ana apa kooda enna oru varthai nalla irukayanu kekala she said and hugged her mother while crying in her mother's embrace.

Sangeeta: Aiyo en ponna na pathukama vitutane evalo kasta patu iruka kadavule she thought and tried to talk but she was not able to talk.

Aditi: Na hospital povan check up ku anga ella ponnungalum avanga amma kooda varuvanga ana na mattum thatha koodavum Santha aunty koodavu thaan povan she said.