11. ANOTHER ELIMINATION/THEY'RE BACK

They're Back

After Felix's elimination, Stray Kids was a mess. Anyone could see that and when JYP saw it he immediately felt conflicted. He was counting on debuting Stray Kids. They were honestly a diamond in the rough in his eyes.

Chan was a perseverant person and he was doing better than most at being a first-time leader. He knew nothing of being a leader but in spite of it he was taking charge of what JYP had given him and he was thriving. He'd picked Nabi despite the fact that it was supposed to be a boy group, he made the right choice. Before that though, he had gotten Han and Changbin. Two rappers who were no doubt going to make history in some way or another. And then Chan found the rest of his members; Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Jeongin. The three of them were good.

JYP didn't exactly see the use of keeping Minho or Felix though. A dancer who couldn't rap and then a rapper who couldn't fluently speak Korean. It was a mess. But what was messier was what was happening now that Stray Kids didn't have those two.

Their dance routines kept lacking in something now that Minho wasn't there to help them. He wasn't there to guide them or repeat the moves over and over again until they got it. And when it came to songs, Changbin and Han just weren't in the mood anymore. Felix was a big part of it when it came to helping Chan come up with when and where to put English words into a song.

As fast as Stray Kids were once finding their feet they were now falling and forgetting how to stand again. Everyone was depressed, silent, and moping about.

JYP finally went against his own judgment and called the two eliminated members back in. He was going against his own self morals but what was the use of a band that never debuted? Nothing. They ended up being useless.

***

There were only seven members of Stray Kids left when JYP said he wanted to talk to them again. Everyone stayed silent and huddled together as the CEO paused before getting to the point of why he was there. It was almost as if everyone was holding their breath and just waiting for another one of them to be eliminated, but luckily that didn't happen.

Instead, JYP smiled as he said his next words. "So Felix and Minho... " at the mention of their eliminated members' names everyone's heads shot up to stare at the man. "I called them here," JYP finished.

Surprise and shock were evident. But Seungmin and Hyunjin were the first ones to break out into smiles as the rest of them tried hard to process what these words meant. What JYP was actually trying to tell them. Chan knew everything of course and his grin showed just how happy he was.

JYP turned and opened the door. Everyone quickly leaned forward as they eagerly waited. After only five seconds which felt more like five hours, Minho and Felix walked in. They both bowed respectively and with nervous smiles on their faces.

Nabi was quick to beam a grin of happiness at the site of the two boys. Chan was also smiling as he let out a sigh of relief. And Han laughed in disbelief as Hyunjin smiled when he saw Felix. Changbin, Seungmin, and Jeongin were all happy, too, ecstatically happy.

It felt like Stray Kids were complete again. Like for the first time in weeks, everyone could breathe again.

"I hope you can all do your best to prepare for the performance once again," JYP said. "Now that all nine of you are back together. Prepare it well and hopefully, there will be a good result coming from it, understood?"

"Yes!" everyone replied in much higher spirits than ever.

"Do well," JYP wished them and clapped his hands.

They all bowed and said, "Thank you. Goodbye."

JYP left the room, closing the door behind him and in less than a second everyone was laughing and grinning from ear to ear.

"Yah!" Han exclaimed as he hugged Felix.

"Oppa!" Nabi cried and grabbed Minho in a hug. Hyunjin, Changbin, and Seungmin all gathered behind her as Jeongin went over to Han and Felix.

Chan stood back as he watched their interaction, he had the biggest and brightest smile on his face. He was the happiest of all of them.

They were all back together again.

Behind the scenes

Seungmin: It's just... when our eyes met... it's just like... finally you're here.

Chan: It's just I'm so happy, I'm so relieved and so happy.

Han: Thank you, God! Thank you so much to PD-nim, too. I just felt really happy at that moment.

Changbin: I'm really happy to see them again but I also feel betrayed... why didn't they tell us first... they should have told us first and a lot sooner.

Nabi: It's like something was physically missing... like now that you're here again... I'm okay, I can breathe again. I'm very happy, thank God!