43. STRAY KIDS AT THE GDA 2019

The Golden Disc Awards 2019

"Do I look okay?" Nabi asked.

She entered the room where the stylists were preparing Stray Kids for their stage performances. She'd just gotten changed into one of the three outfits she'd be wearing today. Seungmin, Han, and Jeongin were getting their makeup done while Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, and Felix were practicing their moves in the mirror for what felt like the hundredth time. Everyone was so nervous, nervous but very excited too. Chan was everywhere at once trying to make sure that everyone and everything was okay.

"Wow, so pretty!" Han complimented.

"How do you feel?" Seungmin asked and Nabi shrugged.

"It's comfortable, yeah?" Chan asked as he turned around and looked his youngest member up and down.

"Yeah, it's fine," Nabi reassured her leader.

Usually, when Stray Kids performed at concerts, award shows, or even in their practice room at the JYPE building Nabi would be wearing pretty much the same as the boys. But today was different. For the GDA, the stylists wanted Nabi as the only girl to wear something that would make her stand out so they gave her a dress. Black leather with black silky sleeves and knee-high black boots. 

It was honestly the first time she wasn't wearing a top and pants when performing. Though Chan being the best leader that he was made sure that the dress was appropriate in every single way. He also promised Nabi that if she didn't feel comfortable in it she could always change into the original outfit.

She really didn't mind though it was just... different.

"Are you sure?" Chan asked again.

Changbin took a break from dancing to come and sit down on one of the chairs. Nabi looked back at him for a split second before taking a seat on his leg. It was such a normal thing for any member to do to another member that Changbin didn't even notice as he twisted himself in half to try and reach for a bottle of water off the dresser.

Nabi nodded as she looked at Chan again. "It's fine, oppa, I promise. Besides it's only for Bang Bang Bang our other two performances the stylists said I could wear pants again."

"Alright," Chan said finally giving up. He trusted Nabi enough, actually he trusted all of his members enough, to tell him if any of them were uncomfortable in any way. He just wanted to make sure they did a good job, had fun, and left each stage with no regrets.

"Yah! Nabi-yah!"

Nabi turned her head at the sound of her name being called quietly. That's when she saw her brother and another BTS member standing in the doorway. Nabi's eyes widened for a second before a sigh suddenly left her mouth.

"Yah, get out," she weakly smiled at them.

"How can you say that to your oppa?"

"With my mouth," Nabi retorted.

She was nervous enough, especially knowing that BTS and her brother were going to be watching. She didn't need the added pressure of actually seeing them beforehand but here they were. Nabi's shoulders slumped as Jungkook entered the room and pulled her to her feet. Her members all stopped what they were doing to greet the legendary golden maknae, stumbling as they bowed out of respect. Jungkook smiled too as he bowed his head back at them.

It was crazy to Nabi how cautious and nervous her members were around her brother but with her, they were relaxed, goofy, sometimes annoying, and basically 24/7 crackheads. The difference was amazing and also really funny, particularly from Nabi's point of view.