52. A CALL FROM HOME

Stray Kids Going On Tour

Nabi zipped up her last suitcase just as Felix entered their shared room. He'd gone to Han and Jeongin's room to get back his phone charger and headphones. In the morning, everyone was more or less packing the last of the things they needed not only for a few weeks but for a month or two or maybe more. Stray Kids were going on their first world tour starting in two days.

Nabi had honestly never been away from home for that long before let alone away from her brother and BTS. She was a little worried but mostly excited. After all, she had her members with her and wherever Stray Kids were was home. She'd realized that a long time ago.

"Want some fruit?" Felix asked as he held a bowl out to Nabi.

She nodded and took it from him as she sat down with her back against the wall. Felix went over to sit on the edge of Changbin's bed as he finished up with his own packing and ate at the same time. When Nabi bit into a strawberry her phone started to buzz but it was halfway across the room and closer to Felix than it was to her. He picked it up and checked the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Nabi mumbled as she swallowed the fruit.

"Unknown Caller," Felix read as he stood up and handed Nabi her phone. She put the bowl down next to her and sat forward on her knees to take it before answering it without looking.

"Hello, who's this?"

"Yah, you..." a voice scolded from the other end, and Nabi's eyes widened. She pulled her phone away to recheck the caller ID. A small laugh escaped her as she put it back against her ear. "I knew this day would come. I didn't think it would come this soon though."

"Oppa, stop being dramatic," Nabi fondly rolled her eyes. "That day you're worrying about will never come. Besides I spoke to you and Eomma last week."

"Then why did you ask who this was?"

"Because I've still got your contact labeled as Unknown Caller," Nabi explained.

"It's been weeks, change it already, you brat."

"I'll do it later, I promise," Nabi smiled and leaned back against the wall again. 

She saw Felix giving her a curious look but then he quickly focused on packing again. Unlike the other members, Felix was maybe the most considerate when it came to privacy. He didn't poke or press for things that weren't any of his business but it didn't really matter much when Nabi would end up telling her members everything anyway. As soon as she was finished on the phone he'd be the first to know who she was talking to whether he wanted to know or not.

It was Jeon Junghyun. Nabi and Jungkook's older brother. They weren't as close to Junghyun as they were to each other but still, they were as close as they could be. Considering that their big brother wasn't an idol, didn't live in Seoul, and they only got to see him on occasion when he wasn't busy with his own stuff. He still phoned them almost every week though to check in on them.

It was an inside joke between the three that his contact name in Nabi's phone was 'Unknown Caller' just like for six months Jungkook's caller ID was 'Do Not Answer'. Jungkook also had Nabi's caller ID as 'Banana Milk Stealer' for at least two months because of a petty sibling fight they had almost two years ago. And Junghyun had Jungkook as 'Disappointment' once because he was ten minutes late in wishing him a happy birthday when midnight struck on his 22nd birthday.

"Oppa are you busy later?" Nabi asked.

"Later today?"

"Hm."

"No, why?" Junghyun asked.

"I wanted to video call Eomma and Appa. Jungkookie promised to make time too so we could do it together before Stray Kids leave for tour," Nabi said.

"I'm going home after work. I'll probably be there."

"Okay, good."

"I'm going to hang up. I just wanted to check up on you, I still have things to finish on this project," Junghyun explained.

"That's fine," Nabi shook her head. "Thank you for calling. Don't work too hard, okay? I'll talk to you later."

"Hm," he hummed about to end the call before he remembered something. "Change my caller ID!"

"I will," Nabi sighed as she hung up on her oldest brother. She went into her contact list and changed the name 'Unknown Caller' to 'Junghyun oppa', she then carried on eating the fruit next to her.

***

Later that day before Nabi was about to leave the dorm, Chan came home. He had some unfortunate news for the kids as they all sat in the small living room. For once no one was missing, unlike during the week when everyone's schedule had them torn in every which way.

Hyunjin, Felix, and Han sat on the couch with Changbin sitting on one of the arms of it. Nabi, Jeongin, and Seungmin sat on the carpet in front of them. Chan was standing as Minho entered the room and pulled a hoodie on over his head.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Han asked curiously.

"Our tour got postponed for a month or two. Manager-nim will let us know after he's spoken to JYP. I think it's actually a good thing," Chan said before his members could get too sad about it. "We were rushing our practices, at least this way we can totally be prepared for STAY during the tour. It gives us some more time to rest too."

"Don't pout," Han laughed at Nabi. He sat forward on the couch and ruffled her hair. "Look on the bright side. You can record your SKZ-player dance and song now. It can be uploaded for STAY to see before the tour starts."

"Oh," Nabi mumbled. 

It was obvious she was disappointed but on the other hand not so much. Maybe it was a good thing. Like fate and the saying that everything happens for a reason. They were all overworking themselves trying hard to give their best because they were on a deadline, a little more time was really more of a blessing at this point than a curse.

Jungkook wasn't going to be too happy though, seeing as how they were definitely going to miss each other when Stray Kids finally went on tour now. Nabi guessed she didn't have to make a big deal about calling home anymore, only Jungkook was leaving Seoul in the next week.

She started to smile thinking about all the sleep she could still have before it quickly turned to a frown as another thought crossed her mind.

"Aw, now I have so many things to unpack!" Nabi whined.

Chan chuckled at their youngest as the rest smiled at her simple mind.