49. USED AS A HUMAN SHIELD

Bumping Into Someone Unforgettable

Nabi walked into the HYBE building on her Saturday off. Jungkook had promised to buy her lunch and spend some time with her. He and BTS were currently going over their different choreographies before their own world tour in only three weeks. Jungkook really hated the fact that before Stray Kids' world tour, there was a week in between and they'd miss each other. So he wanted to spend as much time with Nabi as possible before months went by without them physically being able to see each other again.

Nabi pressed the elevator button and waited. Before the doors could slide open someone who looked like a trainee or staff member running late came rushing past her. Her very, very precious sketchpad fell to the ground and so did her phone and bundle of keys. She stared after the person in surprise before simply shaking her head and sighing. She then crouched down to pick the stuff up but someone beat her to it.

Nabi lifted her head and made eye contact with a boy around her age or maybe a year or two older. She'd never seen him before but she was good at making friends so she instinctively smiled at him in appreciation. He was handsome. Pretty doe eyes and bright blue hair that made him stand out. Nabi guessed he was either a trainee or an idol in HYBE's newly debuted boy group TomorrowxTogether.

"Uh, thanks," Nabi said as he handed her, her sketchpad.

"No problem," he said after a pause. It was like he almost zoned out on her before she spoke to him. They stood back up and the elevator doors slid open. "Oh, um, I'm Choi Yeonjun, I'm sorry about the trainee that bumped into you."

"It's okay," Nabi dismissed with a hand. "I'm Jeon Nabi. It's nice to meet you, Yeonjun-ssi."

"You're prettier in person... " Yeonjun muttered staring at her.

"Huh?"

"Oh, uh, are you using the elevator?" Yeonjun asked trying to change the subject and hoping Nabi didn't hear him.

"Uh, yeah. You?"

"Yes."

The two stepped inside with Yeonjun letting Nabi go first before he went after. It was awkward, at least the silence between them. Yeonjun suddenly started talking out of nowhere and Nabi almost jumped at the sound. She blinked her eyes at him before actually comprehending what he asked.

"Are those your drawings? In the sketchpad, you dropped?"

"Oh, uh... yeah," Nabi nodded. "It's a hobby of mine."

"It fell open when you dropped it," Yeonjun quickly explained. "I didn't mean to see it. But you're really good. I like the butterfly."

Nabi smiled and laughed a little to try and comfort the older boy. "It's okay, I don't mind. And thanks. Drawing distracts and calms me down."

"You must really need it being the only girl surrounded by boys," Yeonjun commented trying to joke but for some reason, he wasn't himself right now. He was nervous and awkward. His mouth moving faster than his brain.

"You recognized me?" Nabi asked excitedly.

"I-I'm friends with Seo Changbin," Yeonjun said. "We're good friends. He talks a lot about his members, especially his group's two maknaes."

"He does? How cute," Nabi muttered. "You're in HYBE's new boy band, right? TomorrowxTogether?"

"Y-Yeah," Yeonjun stuttered in surprise. His eyes went a little wide, he never expected Nabi to know that. He didn't think he or TomorrowxTogether were that popular yet. She obviously was seeing as how she made K-pop history with being the only girl in an all-boy group.