48. SEUNGMIN GRADUATES

Seungmin Graduates

Seungmin stood in front of one of the JYPE staff. He'd just graduated from Chungdam High School. He was posing for the camera with an awkward but big smile on his face. His smile got more relaxed and genuine when he spotted Nabi and she came running towards him. She'd attended his graduation as promised but up until now she was stuck in a crowd of students and proud parents.

"Oppa!" Nabi exclaimed and engulfed him in a hug. "Congratulations! How does it feel?"

"Fine," Seungmin laughed. "It was bound to happen."

Nabi rolled her eyes playfully at his sarcasm. He was just nervous though. She could tell by the way he was standing in the school hall earlier and how he kept shaking his leg as he waited for his graduation certificate. She detached herself and quickly took the bouquet of flowers from their manager-nim behind her. She made the man stop at a florist on their way there so she could surprise Seungmin.

"Take a picture with this," Nabi smiled at him. "STAYs are going to be so proud of you oppa."

"It's nothing," Seungmin muttered.

He was shy with a faint redness to his face as he took the flowers and showed them off to the camera in front of them. He held the peace sign up with his free hand and smiled again. Nabi took a step back so he could be on his own. After all, this was Seungmin's big day and he should enjoy the embarrassing spotlight by himself.

Nabi spotted Seungmin's school friends lingering a distance behind him. Laughing and smiling as they watched how awkward their idol friend was in front of a camera. Nabi giggled a little and guessed that as soon as the staff stopped filming Seungmin would get mocked and teased by them. He was trying hard to ignore them though.

A few reporters showed up after a couple of minutes and had a few questions for Seungmin to answer if he wanted to. Even some fans appeared. Seungmin handed Nabi the flowers as he took the small mic from one of them and with his free hand he held Nabi's for comfort. Even if they were used to being filmed, questioned, and watched by now it still didn't stop the anxiety that would creep into their heads and chests.

Question: How does it feel to be graduating?

"First, thank you to all the reporters and fans who came in such cold weather," Seungmin thanked sincerely. "For 12 years of my student life, I grew up to do what I wanted to do. To all the friends who helped me get here, and to the teachers, I'd like to say thank you. In the future, with the many things I've learned in school, I will work to become an artist who inspires people. And as a person, thank you."

Question: How did the members congratulate you?

"Since yesterday, they congratulated me and said sorry they couldn't come with me. They really congratulated me a lot. But I have at least one of my members with me so that's enough," Seungmin said with a smile as he looked at Nabi.

Question: How does it feel to see your member graduate? You're a year younger, aren't you?

The question was directed at Nabi this time. Seungmin held the mic closer to her and she leaned forward a little to answer it.

"Uh, yes, I'm one year younger than Seungminie oppa," Nabi said. "I feel very proud of him. We're all working really hard when it comes to balancing our busy schedules and maintaining our school work. I'll graduate soon and hopefully Seungmin oppa can come to my graduation just like I came to his," she smiled.

"I'll try," Seungmin laughed. He looked back at the reporters again. "Any more questions?"

Question: What is the most memorable from your school life?

"The most memorable were games and the things I did with my friends. School trips, I think were the most memorable," Seungmin answered.

Question: It'll be a year since your debut soon. How does it feel?

"Last year on March 25th we debuted," Seungmin smiled with a small laugh. He glanced at Nabi. "I think our maknae Nabi can agree with this. It still doesn't feel real that we've actually debuted and we continue to promote. I'm at my graduation and I'm about to get rid of the nametag "student". It's unbelievable. I still want to be a student but... but I've already graduated."

"Awe, oppa," Nabi teased him.

Seungmin got shy, trying not to laugh or look at her. "Thank you to all the fans who support me and cheer for me and the reporters who came out to talk to me today. Thank you all."

A fan suddenly ran up to Seungmin and shoved another bouquet of flowers into his hands. He laughed awkwardly but happily as he showed them off to the camera. He bowed his head in thank you to her and cheers erupted from the group of fans watching Seungmin and Nabi.

"Ah, thank you!"

"Nabi-ssi, can you and Seungmin-ssi take a picture together?" one reporter asked.

Nabi smiled and nodded. "Of course!"

The two held the flowers up for the camera to see as Seungmin's free arm wrapped around Nabi's shoulders. She made finger hearts and a peace sign as multiple cameras flashed and blinded their eyesight.

"Congratulations!" Nabi exclaimed if only to embarrass Seungmin more.

He laughed it off though breaking away from her only to ruffle her hair which caused another uproar of excitement from the fans, reporters, and even Seungmin's friends who were still waiting behind them for Seungmin to finish up.

Kim Seungmin finally graduated.