44. FIRST MUSIC SHOW AWARD

Music Show Award 2019

Nabi stood in between Minho and Seungmin on the stage. They were at M Countdown just waiting as the MC announced which band came in first place. Their presenting song was their new song Miroh and Nabi felt good about it. They'd worked really hard all year already and they practiced even harder for every single event they'd attended so far and Stray Kids also weren't planning on stopping anytime soon either.

"And first place goes to... "

An insufferable pause added to the tension and anxiety of every single idol standing there. Standing and waiting, the MC lifted the microphone back to his mouth. He glanced around at the crowd of fans before looking down and reading the announcement paper in his hand.

Nabi felt her breath hitch, she momentarily closed her eyes and fidgeted with her fingers nervously.

"Stray Kids!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd of fans in front of them. Stray Kids themselves felt relief crash through them. Each one of them exhaled a breath and grinned from ear to ear. They were so happy, they worked so hard for this and it really paid off for them. Their first-ever music show award. 

Nabi was jumping excitedly beside Minho and Seungmin. Minho laughed as he looked over at her and Seungmin blew out a chuckle as the reality set in. Chan though was the first one to start shedding tears before Han full-out started to cry. 

It was surreal. 

Stray Kids had won their first M Countdown award and for their very own originally written and produced song too. Even Changbin was tearing up. Honestly, 3Racha suddenly became the biggest babies while the rest of the members were taking it in, grinning, smiling, laughing, and letting out sighs of happiness.

They guessed sooner or later this day would come but now that it was finally here and they were living it for themselves... it was overwhelming and one of the greatest feelings ever.

Nabi got hugged by Jeongin who had also started to cry now. She giggled at him before hugging him back. Minho was comforting Seungmin with an arm around the younger's shoulders. Out of all their members, it was probably only Nabi and Minho who were smiling and laughing instead of crying. After all, this was a really, really happy moment.

Jeongin let Nabi go as Hyunjin came over to hug him. Nabi slipped between Felix and Changbin to get to Chan. Their leader had just finished thanking STAY and truthfully he looked a mess. Tears streamed down his face but when he saw Nabi's excited expression he couldn't help but let out a small laugh. She grinned happily at him and he hugged her with a hand gently ruffling her hair.

"We won, oppa!" Nabi exclaimed.

"We won," he muttered in repeat.

Nabi let Chan go as he and Felix hugged. She then noticed how Han was still crying, he was crouching low and trying to hide his face in his arms. At that moment, he couldn't describe the intensity of what he was feeling. Nabi knelt in front of him and he lifted his head for their eyes to meet. She had to admit he was a pretty squirrel but an ugly crier. Han was still cute though. With her thumbs, Nabi wiped the tears from under his eyes with a warm smile.

It was yet another moment where no one would believe the two weren't always just this close. Nabi helped Han to stand again and he immediately hugged her. Nabi's chin resting on his shoulder and she comfortingly rubbed his back up and down.

"Yah, oppa! You're such a big baby," Nabi softly laughed as they swayed back and forth.

"Shut up," Han hiccuped through his tears.

The music for Miroh started to play in the background. It was time for Stray Kids to sing their song for the second time in only a few hours but this time it was considered their winning song. Their self-produced song that had won them their very first music show award. It was a big deal and they were more than happy to sing through their emotions.

Nabi took the extended microphone from Seungmin's hand as her part of the song arrived. She sang with the biggest smile on her face as Changbin came up beside her to hold her hand in his and Felix gave her a quick side hug in passing.

She was uncertain in the beginning but being a part of Stray Kids was the best thing ever and Jeon Nabi wouldn't give it up for the world. 

No way!