23. NABI'S SLEEP DIFFICULTY

Nabi's Sleep Difficulty

It was normal for Nabi to stay awake a little longer than the rest of her members. She'd developed insomnia because of her terrible sleep pattern and now it was hard for her to sleep like the rest of them. Jeongin struggled too sometimes but when he was tired he was tired and he'd just pass out on the first available comfy surface. Nabi wasn't so lucky. Her mind kept her awake until it decided it was ready for her to go to sleep. But by that time, it was normally in the early hours of the morning and Chan was waking her up for school.

Actually, Nabi had been having trouble sleeping normally since she was little. Jungkook would cuddle with her until she fell asleep and then slip away to his own bed or back to dance practice. And even when Nabi was a trainee, Yeji would offer to hug her to sleep so most of the time their two beds were pushed together as one. And now, even though all of the members knew about Nabi's sleep insomnia only Chan really got involved in it. He would cuddle her to sleep just like Jungkook used to but lately Chan had been too busy. He would only come home to the dorm around 4 am or sometimes even 5 am.

They were just starting out in their careers so their schedules were all over the place and Chan tried his best to carry the world on his shoulders. He didn't want the other members to get too overworked or too tired so he was doing most of everything on his own. Though Minho did try to help a lot and so did Han and Changbin.

"You're still awake?"

Nabi looked up from where she was sitting on her bed and drawing in her sketchpad. Minho sleepily scrunched his face up and looked over at her.

"Mn," Nabi hummed.

"Can't sleep?" he guessed.

"Mn-mm," she shook her head as she carried on drawing.

"Don't you have an exam tomorrow?" he asked.

Nabi nodded her head and Minho sighed.

"Yah, you need to sleep, Nabi-yah!" he scolded her in a whisper-shout so he didn't wake Seungmin up. "We have to shoot District 9's dance practice tomorrow too."

"I tried to sleep, but I can't," Nabi admitted.

"Did you try the incense and the lotion Hannie gave you? You know you're supposed to use them right before you go to bed," Minho said.

"They're not working. They just made me sleepy but I still can't sleep," Nabi said and yawned before shaking her head. "Oppa, go back to sleep. I'll be fine," she told Minho who didn't buy a single word she said.

"What does Chan hyung do when you can't sleep? I see you going to him a lot," Minho said and sat up in bed.

"Nothing, he just hugs me to sleep. It helps. I got the habit from Jungkookie, he always used to hug me to sleep whenever I couldn't sleep," Nabi explained.

"If all you needed was that, why don't you just cuddle one of the other members to sleep when Chan hyung's not here?" Minho asked incredulously.

"I don't want to disturb you guys," Nabi shrugged.

Minho rolled his eyes. He stood up from his bed and took lazy steps until he was standing in front of their group's maknae. He grabbed the pencil out of her hand and shut her sketchpad closed before tossing it down on her bed.

"Oppa, I was busy with that!" Nabi whined.

Minho ignored her and pulled Nabi onto her feet before dragging her with him back to his bed. Seungmin carried on sleeping obliviously. Minho got back into bed and tugged Nabi down with him. He put an arm under his head as a pillow while his hand rested gently on Nabi's shoulder. She put her head down on his chest and closed her eyes.

"Sleep now," Minho ordered her.

"Oppa you're really not as intimidating as your appearance makes you look. You're a very soft cat," Nabi teased him with a smile.

Minho huffed and muttered something under his breath.

Not even ten minutes later, Minho was asleep again and this time Nabi was too. The door to their room slowly opened and Chan's head peeked inside. He'd just come back from the studio and wanted to check on Nabi to see if she was sleeping or not. He felt bad that he couldn't be there for her every time she needed him but he was pleasantly surprised at the sight he saw instead. He saw Minho and Nabi cuddling together with Nabi completely fast asleep. He felt a relieved breath leave him as he smiled at the two. He even pulled his phone out to take a picture of them.

"Cute!" he quietly exclaimed before shutting the door and going to his own room.