41. FELIX HELPING NABI

Felix Helping Nabi

Nabi was lying in bed scrolling through her phone. She couldn't sleep again. Her insomnia wasn't necessarily as bad as it was a year ago but still, she couldn't fall asleep easily without being completely exhausted first. Changbin and Han were still at the studio with Chan helping to finish and check their latest song Miroh. So in the three-person room, she was left with just Felix but Nabi watched as he left the room a couple of minutes ago. But then their door opened again and his head popped in with a smile.

"Look what oppa has for you," Felix said.

Normally, Nabi called Felix by his name and didn't add anything to it like ah or ssi. It was their thing ever since they met as trainees. It just felt more comfortable that way for both of them but sometimes in soft or vulnerable moments, Felix would refer to himself as Nabi's oppa. He'd let her call him that too because he knew how used to the word she was.

Nabi moved her phone away from her face to look at him. She saw Felix walking closer to her with a cup of something in his hands. She straightened and sat up in bed as Felix sat down next to her and held the liquid out for her to take.

"What is this?" she asked curiously.

"You said that the incense and lotion Hannie got you weren't working so I went out and bought this for you. It's lucky we're roommates now so I can see if it works or not," Felix said. "It's insomnia tea. I heard it's supposed to taste terrible but it should help."

Nabi's frown fell to a soft smile. "Thanks, Lix. Even if it doesn't help I really appreciate the thought."

"Try some and we'll see," Felix told her.

Nabi nodded and took a small sip to test what it tasted like. She made a sound with her tongue as she let the flavor settle in her mouth. Her eyes widened a bit because she was honestly expecting it to taste plain or bitter.

"And?" Felix asked expectantly.

"It's not bad," Nabi shook her head. "It tastes kinda nice actually. Like citrus and a little minty, maybe even a touch of vanilla," she tried to explain before taking bigger sips of the tea.

Felix's expression made him look relieved. He wouldn't tell Nabi that it took him an entire week of going to every single herbal shop he could find to get this for her. He was trying hard to get her something helpful as well as not awful. Because he knew that people would rather go without something helpful than to take something that tastes terrible even if it helps.

"That's good," Felix murmured. "Drink it until it's finished and then you can try and sleep to see if it works."

Nabi hummed in agreement and she quickly downed the rest of the warm tea. It did leave a bit of an undesirable taste after it was finished but Nabi wouldn't tell Felix that, he looked really happy to know that it was okay and she liked it.

"Finished," Nabi said cutely as she held the empty cup out to Felix.

"Okay," he laughed a little as he set it down on the bedside table.

Nabi took her phone from out of her lap and slid it under her pillow as she crawled into bed and covered herself with the blankets. Mr. Cuddles was beside her as she slung one arm over the plushie.

"Do you want to hug?" Felix asked. "I heard Channie hyung mention it helps you to fall asleep better and quicker."

"Yes, please," Nabi said in a small voice.

Honestly, she should've remembered that out of all of her members, Felix was one of the ones who enjoyed and initiated skinship first and the most. He loved hugging, cuddling, holding hands, leaning on, hanging off, and just generally being close to someone. Nabi should've known that when she got Felix as a roommate that if ever she wanted some physical affection he'd be more than happy to always give it to her.

"Scoot over," Felix motioned with his hands and Nabi obediently listened. Temporarily Mr. Cuddles went to the bottom of the bed as Felix wrapped his arms around Nabi's small frame making her feel safe and warm. She wasn't sure if it was the tea that was fast working or the cuddles but suddenly she felt really tired and after a few minutes she fell peacefully asleep.

Changbin came back to the dorm around 1 am that morning. He was being as quiet as possible to try and not wake his members up as he snuck into his shared room. He expected to see Felix sleeping soundly in his bed with Nabi either sleeping too or keeping herself busy in her own bed because she couldn't sleep. That's the sight he'd seen last night and the night before too ever since the three became roommates. Except he was surprised to rather see Felix and Nabi fast asleep together in one bed, cuddled close, and snoring softly.

Changbin smiled at them as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and took a picture. "Aigoo, how cute," he murmured before sending the photo to Stray Kids' group chat. Because everyone else was in the dorm sleeping only Chan and Han saw the message.

So cute! Be careful you don't wake them up Changbinie! - Bang Chan

Wake them and I'll kill you, hyung! - Han