31. NABI GETS SICK

Nabi Gets Sick

They were finished with their small tour and were back home in Seoul again. Practically everyone went to bed early the night before because of the jetlag. Everyone except for Chan who had, of course, gone to his studio to check up on things. That wasn't surprising behavior for their hard-working leader and so no one stopped him because everyone else was too tired to care.

The next morning when Nabi woke up from six full hours of sleep, she felt awful. She was so cold or at least she felt really, really cold. She was shivering. Her throat was also really sore. She could barely speak and when she tried to it sent her into a straight coughing fit. Which is what woke Minho and Seungmin up from their own slumbers.

"Nabi-yah, what's wrong?" Minho asked in a sleepy voice. He barely lifted his head up from his pillows as he squinted his eyes open. The light hit them and made him unintentionally groan.

Nabi tried to sit up but she felt too weak and gave up. She fell back down and whined out in frustration. She tried to talk but she could only whisper and neither of the boys could hear anything she was trying to tell them. Seungmin ran a hand over his face before throwing his blankets off and climbing to his feet. He leaned over Nabi to check her and his eyes widened at the state she was in. He instantly put a hand on her forehead but pulled back with a hiss after only a second.

"Hyung," Seungmin looked over his shoulder at Minho who was now sitting up in bed. "She's running a really bad fever. What do we do?"

"How bad?" Minho asked in concern. He frowned as he stood up and walked over to them before crouching down beside Nabi and checking her forehead himself. "Aish!" he cursed in surprise. "Uh, okay... there's a thermometer in the drawer in the bathroom. Go get it, Seungminie," Minho told the younger boy who immediately obeyed and disappeared from the room.

"I'm really c-cold," Nabi managed to whisper as she trembled.

"Cold? More like you're burning up. Where did you even get sick?" Minho asked in disbelief. Everyone else seemed fine. Or at least he hoped they were fine. One sick person was already more than enough in their small dorm.

"Here, hyung," Seungmin said when he walked back into the room.

Minho took the thermometer from the younger boy. He took the cap off before holding it in front of Nabi's face. "Open up," he instructed and she slowly did as she was told.

While they were waiting for the beeping sound to tell them what to do next, a click sounded as the front door of their dorm opened and closed. Bang Chan was home. Just in time too, Minho thought and sighed before he stood up.

"Stay with Nabi-yah. I'll go talk to Chan hyung," he told Seungmin who nodded.

Nabi shot out her hand and grabbed onto Minho's sleeve before he could leave. He looked down at her and raised a questioning eyebrow. It was difficult with how sore her throat was and how she had to mumble around the thermometer but she stubbornly managed.

"Don't tell... don't tell, Chan oppa. He hasn't slept... yet. He'll only stay up and... worry about me."

"Stop talking nonsense!" Minho sternly told her. He leaned down and playfully flicked a finger at her forehead making her wince and glare at him. "We're older than you. We know better," he said with a smirk before going to find Chan.

The thermometer beeped as Seungmin knelt down beside their maknae princess. He took it out of her mouth and blinked his eyes at the small numbers being shown. "What are we going to do? Should hyung take you to the hospital?"

Nabi's eyes widened in panic but thankfully Minho had returned, Chan following after him as the two stepped into the room.

"What's her temperature?" Chan asked as he went to sit beside Nabi on her bed.