47. JUST ANOTHER DAY

Just Another Day

Chan walked into the room after knocking but to no surprise all three of the kids were still asleep. Nabi was in her bed while Felix was in his top bunk and Changbin was in the bottom bunk. They were sleeping soundly and Chan didn't want to wake any of them, especially not Nabi. She looked so peaceful and content but she, Jeongin, and Hyunjin had school in an hour's time.

Han was coming back from the bathroom when he saw Chan just standing there in the doorway. He walked up to him with a frown of confusion. Chan noticed him and gave the younger member a smile.

"Did you just get back?" Han asked still half asleep.

"Hm," Chan nodded. "I need to wake Nabi-yah, Jeonginie, and Hyunjinie up for school."

Han looked into the room and instantly understood Chan's hesitance but he leaned an arm down against his leader's shoulder to reassure him. "Hyung, she's been sleeping much better since Felix got her that tea."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Han said.

It wasn't Chan's fault but he spent so much time in the studio that he only came back to the dorm to sleep, eat, and take a shower. Other times he was with them during dance practices, recordings, or whenever they filmed something for THE 9TH. But he was really busy which meant he unfortunately missed out on a lot of things too. He didn't even know about Felix giving Nabi insomnia tea until Changbin casually brought it up in the studio two days ago.

Chan was just happy that when he couldn't be around his members took good care of each other. They were a family, after all.

"Changbin hyung hugged her to sleep last night and then snuck back to his own bed," Han added. "I think she's finally found a normal sleep pattern."

"Until we go on tour again," Minho remarked from behind them.

"Hyung..." Han whined as he looked at the older member. "Don't jinx it."

"He's right though," Chan said.

"Whatever, then let our maknae have at least a couple more weeks of good and normal sleep," Han muttered as Minho shook his head at him and slung an arm around his shoulders.

"Okay, Hannie."

Chan smiled at the two before leaving them to cutely bicker in the doorway while he went to gently wake Nabi up for school. He crouched down and put a hand on her arm before softly shaking her. Nabi stirred awake with a sleepy look on her face.

"Nabi-yah! It's time for school, you need to get ready."

"Hm," Nabi hummed before stretching her limbs out and rubbing a hand over her face. "Thanks, Channie oppa."

"Go take a shower," Chan said as he watched Nabi force herself into a sitting position. She pushed her long hair back and yawned before blinking to try and wake up completely.

"Make sure you don't forget anything today," Han called out to her in a whisper. He didn't want to wake Changbin or Felix but still wanted to tease Nabi. She turned her head to look at him and stuck her tongue out at him. Han copied the action before grinning.

"Hurry up," Minho said. "I'll make you, I.N-ah, and Hyunjinie something to eat before you leave."

"Thanks, oppa," Nabi smiled at him.

She got to her feet, put her bunny slippers on, and grabbed her uniform from the cupboard door where it was hanging up. By this time, Chan had gone to bed for the morning and Han was keeping Minho company in the kitchen. Nabi stepped out into the hallway just as Jeongin rounded the corner both of them wanting the same thing. A hot shower with good water pressure. Nabi thankfully was more awake than her best friend. She giggled and ran for the bathroom, slamming the door right in Jeongin's face who was whining and shouting at her hopelessly.