16. NABI EXPOSES HER BACKGROUND

Nabi Exposes Her Background

The Hellevator music video was released and uploaded to the internet. Stray Kids were already passing 200k viewers and with each minute that went by the number of viewers got higher and higher. Most of the comments were supportive and positive, and Stray Kids already seemed to have a lot of fans.

Nabi had just gotten off the phone with the members of ITZY. They were all really proud of her, especially Yeji and Chaeryeong. Nabi went to sit between Chan and Minho on the floor as the other members went in and out of the room. Everyone was either focused on the screen with their music video on it or getting calls and texts from the people close to them.

It was a really proud moment for Stray Kids.

Minho leaned into Nabi a bit as he whispered, "What did your brother think of our music video?"

Nabi looked away from where Jeongin was currently being annoyed by Hyunjin. She caught Minho's gaze and shrugged. "I haven't phoned him yet and he hasn't phoned me yet. I don't think he's seen it though. They're probably still in practice."

"Why don't you try and phone him then?" Chan suggested with a smile on his face.

Nabi hesitated as she thought about it. Jungkook wouldn't scold her for phoning him, even if he'd been practicing from midnight to five in the morning and she woke him up from a deep sleep. He still wouldn't scold her, he wouldn't even be annoyed.

But if she phoned her brother now, she really wanted to see his reaction and his proud smile but that would mean a video call, and a video call would mean... The possibility of Nabi's members finding out about whose sister she was, was high. Chan knew already because Nabi made it a point never to lie to her leader and Minho also knew but that was because he recognized Nabi from when he was still one of BTS's backup dancers. Even if she tried to lie to him, he wouldn't have believed a word.

Though other than those two, no one else in Stray Kids really knew a thing about Nabi's private life. The topic never really had a chance to come up during all the hard work and stressful training sessions. They had no clue about where Nabi grew up let alone who she was related to or if she had any siblings.

Nabi debated with herself for a second more before confidently nodding her head and brightly smiling. "Okay, I'll video call him now."

Instead of getting up and going somewhere private to make the call, Nabi decided to stay perfectly fitted between the two oldest members of her group. Chan and Minho shared a look. They were unsure what was going to be everyone's reaction, but they were sure that this was going to be fun to watch.

Nabi dialed Jungkook's number and waited as it rang.

"Who's Nabi talking to?" Han asked as he sat down opposite the three.

"She's phoning her brother," Chan replied.

Han only nodded as he took a sip of the soda he stole from Felix. He and Nabi were really close now. After being locked in the dance room together for only a couple of minutes and actually being honest with one another everything had changed between them. Currently, Han and Nabi were like best friends who had known each other for years. They even came up with a secret handshake that only they knew. The other members liked to mock and tease them about it and about the past but they didn't care.

What's done was done. They're good now.

When Jungkook didn't answer Nabi's calls she had no choice but to try Namjoon. He picked up by the fifth ring. His face was glistening with sweat and his hair was a little damp, he looked tired but despite that, he smiled at her.