54. ANOTHER RUN-IN

Another Run-In

Since becoming an idol herself, Nabi hadn't visited the HYBE building as much as she used to. Because back when she was just Jungkook's little sister and a trainee, she was probably seen more at HYBE than she was at JYPE or even the trainees' dorm. But since she debuted that all changed, she only got a day here and there to see her brother and his members and usually it was at their home and not at the company.

This was now the second time in two weeks that Nabi was here at HYBE and it was all thanks to Jungkook's strange text this morning.

Yah, we're practicing today
Come and visit
It's important

That was it. 

Nabi tried calling Jungkook after that but he wouldn't pick up so she tried calling Taehyung, Namjoon, and Jimin but the three all ended up saying pretty much the same thing. They don't know and Jungkook won't tell them. 

There was one week left before BTS went on their world tour and almost another month until Stray Kids went on their own so Nabi took this chance to indulge her brother. She was going to miss him like crazy and any excuse he had was a good excuse to spend some more time with him and the rest of BTS. Nabi didn't mind one way or the other.

She stepped out of the elevator and turned one of the corners to the regular practice room where she'd normally find BTS. Before she got there though she walked smack into someone and stumbled a step back, she wondered if all HYBE artists had the tendency to bump into people out of nowhere. Remembering the trainee who almost ran Nabi over last week and now whoever this person was. She quickly caught herself before she could fall and looked straight in front of her.

"Oh! Uh... I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" a voice rushed out in obvious guilt and concern.

"I'm fine," Nabi waved a hand. 

She made eye contact and noticed that the person was a boy around the same age as her or at least he looked like it. He was tall though, scary tall, definitely taller than Jungkook and probably somewhere around Mingyu's height range. He had pouty lips, dyed rusted brown hair, and very pokable cheeks. He was both cute and handsome at the same time. 

Nabi recognized him as another member of TomorrowxTogether, HYBE's new boyband. And thanks to J-Hope who had sent her their latest performance video to check out, she roughly knew each member's face. They were good in Nabi's opinion. Especially Yeonjun whose dancing really caught Nabi's eye more than the rest for some reason.

"Are you sure?" the boy asked.

Nabi nodded with a reassuring smile. "Yep, you dropped this," she told him and knelt down to pick up his phone. "It didn't crack, you're lucky."

"Thanks, I guess so," he agreed and took it from Nabi as she stood up to her full height again.

"Wow, you're really tall," she remarked, making him laugh awkwardly.

"I know, I get that a lot. I'm Choi Soobin by the way," he introduced himself.

"Another Choi?" Nabi muttered softly before giving him a friendly smile. "It's nice to meet you, Soobin-ssi. I'm Jeon Nabi."

"It's nice to meet you too, Nabi-ssi," Soobin said and smiled too. "I'm sorry for bumping into you. Are you really sure you're okay?"

"I'm really okay," Nabi nodded with a small laugh. Soobin seemed to be really kind-hearted, sincere, and genuine and Nabi had just met him. Maybe she could make a friend outside of JYPE and school. She wondered how old Soobin was.

"Are you late for something?" Nabi asked out of curiosity. "It's almost like a habit for HYBE artists to run into me at this point," she tried to joke.