Chapter 11: Patience and Confusion

Cody's POV

When I wake up the next morning, the sun is subtly shining through the foggy air, giving a nice relaxing feel to the space though I'm sure a lot of people would find the fog daunting. As I get up to get ready for the day, I find myself feeling happier than usual, and for a second I can't remember why, until the conversation from yesterday washes over me causing me to turn red.

Alpha James said that he thought I'm his Mate.

Even thinking the words to myself feels ridiculous, the amount of bullshit all in one sentence is quite unnerving.

First and foremost, I would never be chosen by the Moon Goddess to be a Luna. Not only am I an Omega but half human. Not exactly the strong partner you would need to lead a pack.

I try to stop my thoughts in their tracks, annoyed with myself that I'm even entertaining the idea at all. I feel Jessie, my wolf began to stir, but he didn't say anything which elevates the pressure on my chest but only by a little.

But as I brush my teeth and began putting on my clothes for the day, I find my mind going over every moment every interaction and I remember those faint feelings that I would feel sometimes. A little spark. Or just this pull towards him. I thought it was because he's my Alpha. To even consider that it's because we're Soulmates feels like asking to speak Fae. It just felt unnatural.

Try as I might, I can't let go of this weird feeling in my gut as if it's trying to tell me something. Maybe this is the feeling James was trying to tell me about.

My mind is racing a mile a minute all on its own and I stop trying to guide my thoughts away from the seed James planted there.

Could Alpha James really be my Mate? Is that what I want?

I'm actually not even sure. Honestly, I hadn't put much thought into who my Mate will be. Only thing I knew for certain is that my Mate would be a Male. Other than that I was at a lost. I figured on my birthday I would come across them and that would be that, we would move on from there.

But now, to know my Soulmate could have been right here all along is a little unnnerving and very terrifying.

I gather the rest of my stuff and check the room and my pockets to make sure I have everything before leaving. I leave my door unlocked, the pack house one of the safest places in the pack, and head towards the stairs.

I'm lost in my train of thought when I come down the last flight of stairs and reach the ground floor, the living area full of people getting ready for school and work. I maneuver around the few little groups formed in the middle of the room and head towards the kitchen for a snack. I find Alpha James, Beta Alex and Elder Apprentice Zee circling the counter as they talk about something important. It sounds like details for the race as I walk towards the fridge and pull out a bottle of water and a banana from off the counter. Thankfulmy easy to eat and grab foods are mostly getting left alone after the last meeting, I go to leave the kitchen. Unable to help myself I take a peek at James only to find the Alpha already staring at me. My ears and cheeks immediately turn pink, but I find myself glowing in his attention rather than burning from shame or insecurities.

The difference is striking and prominent. And absolutely terrifying. So I choose to ignore and mush down the uncomfortable feelings, ducking my head as I leave the kitchen, shame filling my gut.

Goddess, I know I shouldn't want us to be Mates and that we know nothing of each other other then our names. What the hell is wrong with me? Even though I know this is beyond crazy, I can't help the hope that fills me at the idea that I don't have to wait years for my Soulmate.