Chapter 21: Information & Cabins

Charlotte

Cody's POV

My mind is still reeling from the intense connection that swept me away the moment James and I kiss, leaving me begging for more when one of the famed Autumn Commanders drops a bomb.

"'Revenge will be had'? What does that even mean?" Beta Alex is the first to speak up, his thick brows furrowed, the air in the room tense.

I'm a little lost over the specifics of what's going on, reminding myself to get more answers later, but clearly there's something going wrong in multiple parts of the country that seems highly dangerous. Which isn't comforting to hear right after you've decided to give this Luna thing a try.

"We don't know. The body was extremely mangled like something out of horror movie." Johnathan describes and I can only imagine how terrified that poor Hybrid must have felt before they died.

"Well we need to bring this up to the Winter Moon. And we also need to make sure that we give them a description of that Witch so they can be on the lookout for her. I don't know what it is, but it's suspicious that she just so happened to be there." James explains and I can't help the way my heart flutters at how in control and calm he is, seemingly ready for anything.

I wish I could have that confidence and power.

My thoughts are constantly racing and the world as a whole can often time be an offering to my overly sensitive senses, not to mention my lack of social skills. And basically anything else needed to be a Luna.

I've had to face the memory of my parents more and more lately and now I find myself at the feet of their legacy. My mom was an incredible woman, she was kind, compassionate, and charming. She did so much for this pack and basically ran the Home & Nursery. And my father. He was strong, brave, trust worthy, and a great Head Warrior to the pack. While no one could compare to the love I had for my family, I know I wasn't the only one that held them so close to my heart.

But to be here now, at the feet of their legacies, at the threshold of the start of what could be the rest of my life, I find myself a lot calmer than I would've thought.

'There's a reason for that. I know humans scoff at destiny, but the supernatural aren't so naïve.' Jessie reminds me, startling me a bit after being so used to the quiet and solitude.

"Will do, Alpha." Johnathan calls with a lazy salute.

James turns towards the smaller wolf that's standing along the wall, her face sweet and stature cute, but I can tell by the gleam of her eye that she's as deadly as any weapon. "Charlotte. I don't want you in the cabin. Winter Moon requested that the Faeries don't bring their guards. I'm hoping Alpha Lucas is smart enough to bring a warrior or two, but I want you on the perimeter. Don't let anyone get ten yards within the cabin. I actually want you to go ahead in wolf form and scout out the place before we get there. We're all going on fours. It'll be quicker." He commands the girl and she nods before heading out immediately after a quick wink towards her comrades.

Apprentice Zee stands up and motions for everyone to start getting ready to move. "Alright people, let's get our shit together. We need to be there and back before the Elders start asking too many questions." My eyebrows raise when I realize the implications.

Whatever it is that's going on, the elders and likely Alpha Richard and Luna Leslie are kept in the dark about it all.

And honestly I don't know if that should make me more or less worried.

'Poor timing, but we need to get your school records changed. You definitely need those extra two years dedicated to learning your position of power.' Jessie mentions to me and I almost fall in relief when I remember that I won't have to do this from scratch or learn as I go. There's an entire program dedicated to learning all the ins and outs or our own position as well as everyone else's.