Chapter 30: Wishes & Revelations

Sloan's POV

I sit on the rock at our usual spot after school, grateful it's finally Friday. I wait patiently for Cody to appear, a little surprised when I had read his text for me specifically to meet him here.

Honestly it means a lot that he's willing to spend time with me at all. After hopping down, I'm looking out over the lake when I finally hear Cody's light running steps flashing through the trees, the stunning Omega growing faster by the day, I swear. I turn towards the woods just in time to see Cody break through the tree line, a beautiful smile painted along his lips, glasses slightly askew from the run.

He stops a few feet away, barely panting as he takes off his bookbag and reaches for me, red racing up my neck and cheeks as I breathe him in, honey and daisies engulfing me.

"Hi, Sloan. Thanks for meeting me here." He tells me, always polite and I have to resist the urge to laugh.

"Baby boy, you don't have to thank me for something so simple. Fuck, you're adorable." I praise him, swooning mentally over how sweet and loving Cody is, always looking out for everyone else. He smiles at me before he breaks away, his clear excitement uncontainable as it breaks free in his little jumps of glee as he finally explodes with whatever it is he wanted to meet for.

"Okay, well, when I switched with Jessie the other day, I did give you guys the privacy you deserve. But after we switched back, he would still think about the conversation and feelings you shared and I got to thinking. Even though it might be rare, this can't be the first time this has happened. Some other wolf has had to want to have their own identity, their own physical representation for who they are in their soul. So I asked Taylor, who didn't know anything Faerie wise, but Enza did. Apparently he's heard of some Witch who's name is circling around school and in Vilin that he's sure is able to help. He was able to track her down and set up a meeting in Revelia. We can do this. For you and Jessie." He tells me, sincerity and joy in his eyes and all I can feel is shock.

A dream I've had since I understood there were truly two of us. When I realized the things we did and how we look effect each other.

One I thought was impossible.

Somehow this boy has done something I couldn't have dared been possible in a million years.

'Maybe you were so sure you couldn't, and I was scared you could, that we never really tried.' James admits quietly and I can tell there's shame there that he's still struggling with.

'True, but we're past that now. So stop being an idiot and just be here with me.' I tell him before refocusing on an almost vibrating Cody.

I gather his hands in mine and meet his eyes with love filled in my own. "Thank you so much for doing this for me. You have no idea how much this means." I admit and it's his turn to blush, his ears to his neck is red, earning a smirk from me. "So easily flustered. How dirty your thoughts must be." I tease, loving how easy it is. He gasps, then huffs, stopping his bouncing to stomp in protest, his dusted blush changing into an imitation stop sign causing me to laugh.

"They're not dirty, you are. Anyway let's get going before we're late. We're meeting at the Witch Market- so if we run, we can be there in a little over two hours." He tells me and I groan.

"I'm glad we have the magic and speed we do, but it's hard to believe that with all this mana and knowledge around we conveniently haven't figured out a spell for teleporting." I complain, wishing I had angel wings as  Cody gathers his bag, mine already in the Pack House.

"I don't know. I'm still not convinced we haven't. I would bet for some reason, it's deemed a Forbidden Magic. Probably because Satan is sealed in Hell, another dimension, which can only be accessed, beyond a Divine God, by a witch portal." He reasons with a shrug as if it's that simple. And once I think about it, it sort of is.