Chapter 52: Clearings & Shows

Cody's POV

The sun is open and a pure soft blue that streatches over the miles and miles of our home.

I lay on my back on our picnic blanket, just starting up  at the ocean like blanket that covers our stars. There's a peace inside of me that wasn't there before. It fills me from my toes to my finger tips to the ends of my hair.

"You would think I would be better to look at than some boring sky." I hear, sassy muttering full of pout.

I giggle as I roll only last stomach, supporting myself on my arms as I scrunch up my nose at Sloan. "You're much better to look at than the sky. You're very pretty." I tell my sassy high maintenance lover.

He's pouting with his arms crossed and eyes closed, head turned up and away towards the very sky he was just talking shit about. He peaks one of his eyes open, and I give him my best begging face until he groans, grabbing my face before peppering kisses all over me until my face is almost split in half by my smile.

"You're too cute for your own good. I can't deny such powers." He groans sticking his tongue out at me and I laugh, knowing that no matter what I do, he would fold faster than stay at home mom.

"Okay, okay, where were we?" I ask referring to the game we've been playing off and on for a while.

We've been asking questions back and forth, some normal, some a little more personal in order to learn one another and spend time together. A person has three times to refuse to pass a question before they're owed a freebie favor for anything. After playing for so long call both of us still only have two points against us, but the questions have been slowly getting more and more outrageous, both of us clearly wanting to get the first point.

Though much to my surprise and delight, Sloan is an open book in the manor I am, able to express our deepest desires, greatest fears and worst experiences all while casually enjoying each other company.

It's one of the many things I love about him.

"It's your turn I think, I went last time." He tells me, working something on his computer that he and James have been keeping from me for a while now. I'm tempted to ask again what it is, but I'm expecting the same answer I've been getting.

That it's a need to know basis and when I need to know, I will.

What a bunch of butt heads.

But I love them anyway.

"Okay..." I say, rummaging my head for questions I've asked already and those I've been waiting to. Sometimes I think of them randomly like in the shower or in the middle of a meeting and I'll try to write it down or remember for the next time we play. And still I manage to draw up blank and take forever every time.

After a few moments, one comes to mind, and I face a patiently waiting Sloan with narrowed eyes that he challenges with wiggling brows. "Who was your first kiss?" I ask.

I see him consider it for a moment before he clarifies. "Mine myself or would James' count?" He asks and it's a fair question.

"Yours." I answer, deciding to ask James about it myself another time.

"It was Jessie, actually." He tells me, his smile soft and warm, as he talks about my other half. It makes me smile too as I reach for his hand, placing a kiss on the back it softly as he thinks of his own question.

"Hmmm. Okay, this might be a tough one, but I have to know. Did you ever wish Taylor would be your Mate before he met Enza? I mean come on, the Faerie is a hunk." Sloan says fanning himself and making faces causing me to roll my eyes and laugh as I push his dramatic expressions away softly.