Chapter 37: Honeymoons & Leaving

Princess Susanne Sawelli

James' POV

The weekend is a wild blur of laughing, sex, talking, being down at the beach and just enjoying each others company.

Celeste, I haven't felt so happy and free in my life.

Jessie and Sloan had spent a wild crazy night together which was rough enough to leave me sore yesterday. And Cody got the chance to be in the ocean spending this morning enjoying the waves until his growling stomach chased him out of the water.

I'm cleaning up the remnants of lunch, Cody sitting in the living room curled up with a book in his lap, engrossed into the novel.

While there's nothing I wish more than being able to stay here for forever and forget about everything else going on, I can't ignore the pack or whatever it is that's going on.

Besides, as much as I don't like to admit the idea of clear danger, I would rather be ahead of it than get caught off gaurd. And it seems my team agrees, my phone holding dozens of reported updates and messages when I finally turned it on. Though we avoided talking about it this morning, probably in vain hopes of being able to stay longer, it's time we finally get ready to head back home and back to reality.

I finish with wiping the counters down and cleaning the sink, putting everything away in the hopes that we won't have to touch the kitchen again.

I round the island and make my way towards the living room, sitting down on the other end of the couch Cody's curled up on, wrapping myself around him. I kiss his neck and shoulders quietly, worshipping my Mate as I wait for him to end the chapter and reach a stopping point. And about five minutes later he does, his bookmark sliding between the pages before he shuts the book and sighs.

"It's time to get ready to go home, huh?" He asks me, already knowing, and I nod before granting him a few more soothing kisses. "It's so peaceful here. But it was starting to get a little too quiet." He admits causing me to laugh as he twists in my arms, throwing his legs over mine as he uses my arm as a pillow.

"It is weird not to constantly be around other wolves." I agree, grateful he's not too upset about leaving.

We sit and talk for a little bit more before we get up and start to gather all of our belongings into the bedroom, checking under everything and checking again. There was once a tension between us, almost like a wall, one we were both scared to drop just in case we were asking for too much, but now there's nothing. Only the easy, electrifying connection that binds us Mark to Mark.

In less than an hour we're leaving the house and checking out online, packing up the car to make our way back to Vollmond.

I roll the windows down again as I turn onto Highland road, the main road that leads straight back to Vollmond. The view of the water is just as breathtaking as before and I can feel Cody's awe as he looks out at it, enraptured by it's beauty.

Like the way I am by his.

I reach my free hand over towards one of Cody's hand, grabbing it for his attention and to calm my own nerves as I share something I've been thinking over since we got here. "I've always hated being in my parents house, I usually ended up at Alex's or crashing at the Pack House. But I want us to start building the life we want. The life we need for ourselves and to help our pack. I want us to start planning a house so we can move in together." I tell Cody, my cheeks burning red along with my ears, unable to turn to look him in the eye.

"It would be lovely to have a home again. I would love to." He tells me softly, and the tears in his voice almost break me, I only squeeze his hand in response as I swallow thickly.