Chapter 31: Changes & Awe

This is how Sloan envisions himself.

Jessie's POV

With halted breath and a stuttering heart I watch as the Witch grabs a wand made of some type of bone, runes etched onto the entire surface. Sloan's hand is on my right knee, squeezing the life out of it as we offer our right forearms to the magic caster.

Makayla dips the mana crystal embedded in the top of the bone wand into one of the potions she made, placing it against Sloan's skin. There's a sharp intake of breath from Sloan but nothing more as I silently hold my breath and wait.

"This is the rune Dagaz, it's a rune for changing your appearance and transformation by will alone. You can come forth in conscious only, or the self you have created. It's not a flash, but if you look away, you'll miss the way the features blend together before becoming something else. Subtle, quick and effective. And permanent. No one can take this from you unless you let them." She tells us giving us all the information we need, helping soothe some of the last minute questions and worries I find myself consumed with as she steadily traces what looks almost like a triangular infinity symbol. Or a basic bow tie. When she finished the last line, the tube glows slightly for a moment before all at once, Sloan- or rather- James' body slips away and in his place emerges a beautiful man.

Unlike James, Sloan doesn't have a full beard, instead there's only a little dusting along his slender but strong jaw.

His lips are full and small, a natural pink that makes me want to grab him towards me immediately, despite the audience. But I refrain, taking in every inch of my love.

Finally able to meet him.

His hair is long and his loose curls frame his face perfectly. He turns towards me, a little anxiety in his eyes and a smattering of blush along his cheeks and all I can see is perfection. "Well?" He asks me, biting his lip, drawing my attention back to them only to snack back up when I realize that his eyes. They're no long black. No longer needed to express the switch, his appearance proof enough. Instead, his eyes are a deep brown, flecks of gold floating around the pool of the smoothest chocolate.

"You're beautiful, Sloan." Is all I can manage as Makayla continues working, a pleased smile on her face as she cleans off her wand before dipping the crystal into the other liquid.

Even though it's my turn, I can't help but stare at Sloan, openly, hungrily.

A part of me is grateful that Cody and James aren't privy to this. That I get to see him first. My Sloan. While I was made for Cody as much as James was and vice versa, there's a thicker stronger connection between the two of us because of our experiences and our dynamics and I'm sure the same can be said for Cody and James. Right now though, I'm happy for Sloan to have my sole attention, my sole need and desire, his eyes alluring, falling behind the curtain of his hair.

I want to swoon, my heart squeezing at the amount of serotonin flooding my brain from seeing Sloan and realizing just how truly beautiful my lover is. And how lucky I am.

I feel the crystal against my skin and a few moment later, a mild burning tingle follows the lines the wand traces. It doesn't really hurt, and the feeling fades into the background, only wanting my hands to be free so I can hold Sloan in my own arms for the first time.

I notice, with a smile that even Sloan's shoulders are slimmer, muscles smaller. The way he holds himself even, less commanding and more sassy brat. I see him in every expression, every curve, even down to his nails which are half an inch long and pointy, his smile as he looks at them a confirmation of his self actualization. Suddenly, he stops looking at himself and his hands, a huge mirror behind us beckoning him near I'm sure, but to my surprise he's staring at me, openly.