Chapter 56: Training & Surprises

Cody's POV

"Nice! Just like that. Don't hesitate, I won't die." Charlotte instructs making me snort as I dodge her Mana blades, using my momentum to come up with an uppercut.

She evades it, flipping back effortlessly only her hands before pushing off of my  chest with her foot, sending me stumbling back as she lands gracefully. Before I can recovery she rushes at me with her blades, going for my neck.

I'm able to stop her arm with my own, the force of impact surprising her, one of the blades falling. Before she can react, my other hands snatched it from the air, both of the blades coming just short of each others throats.

Charlotte smiles, pleased, taking the now offered blade and putting them away as I fall to the ground in exhaustion. And it's sad really because I know she took it extremely easy on me and I still was only able to win half the matches today.

"I can hear you beating yourself up from here, stop it, Cody." She tells me and I feel a rock hit my stomach, the impact stinging.

"I can't help it. I feel like I'm getting no where." I admit as I push myself up, leaning back on my hands.

Charlotte sits down next to me sighing as she tears at the grass beneath us, staring off into the distance. "Yeah, that's what happens when you measure yourself against the result instead of where you begin. At least even if you don't make your goal, you're still doing something and you're not exactly where you started. You have to remember everyone that you're training against has at least six years of training. I've been training both at home and the Academy since I was eleven years old. It's been over tens years for me to get here, and almost six months to get to where you are now. You can assign the cause to your one on one Commander training, luck, fate, or you can just own it as your own will and powers. It's up to you what you call it and label it, just make sure you're not selling yourself short." She tells me and I sigh knowing she's right.

She usually is.

She's twenty three, though from her stature you would think she was sixteen or seventeen if you wanted to be nice. She's a small adorable Omega that still managed to be the kick ass spy master that she is. One that's wise beyond her years.

She still hasn't told me much about her family, or her childhood, but Charlotte and I are really close, are relationship growing rather quickly after she reassured me that everything was okay during the worst time of my life. It makes me feel just a little bit closer to Casey I think.

The two of us continue to talk, laughing about something dumb Jothnathn said yesterday during a meeting.

Now that I'm Luna, for the past few days I've been involved with everything, people wanting my opinion and help all the time. At first it was a bit overwhelming, but now I'm finding my stride, even making sure to spend three hours every Monday Wednesday and Friday at the Nursey & Home.

I have such a full life, and I try to not take it for granted for even a moment.

It's when we're talking about different ways of using mana to help enhance fighting skills when I spot James coming onto the field from the Academy, my man looking amazing as the sun kisses him just right.

He walks straight towards me with a smile, bending over to give me a kiss before reaching for my hand. Confused, I place my hand in his before he helps me up, ignoring my clearly confused face to address Charlotte who seems amused by the whole ordeal. "Hey, Char, sorry to interrupt, but I need Cody." He tells her with a apologetic smile and she waves it off like it's nothing.

I scoff and roll my eyes at the two that are completely forgetting about me here.

I wave bye at Charlotte as James leads me away with a satisfied smile that has me squinting at him in deliberation trying to figure out what's going on. "I'm assuming this is a surprise." I state with amusement, knowing that when it comes to James and surprises there's no point in trying to get them out before hand. Apparently there's a strong principles in surprises.