Chapter 2. Staying the night

Aria had no idea who the two men were but she could tell her parents were in some serious business. She noticed her father was more nervous than usual and she couldn't find her mother anywhere.

She decided to put the groceries away so they wouldn't go bad. She grabbed a few drinks to bring the guest knowing her father if she didn't do it she would get punished.

She walked into the dining room as quietly as she could so she wouldn't interrupt their conversation again. She put each drink in front of each person including her mother who somehow reappeared into thin air.

She looked at her mother in a confused manner as if asking her were she had been? Her mother just responded with "get out Aria." Angrily only loud enough for Aria to hear.

She quickly left the dining room going to her room to avoid embarrassing herself and interrupting them.

She grabbed the coloring book and crayons that she hid under her nightstand only because her mother hated seeing her do childish things or have childish things. Like crayons, coloring books, and toys. She didn't even allow Aria to have a teddy.

Aria used to have one it was a panda teddy his name was Mr Tree. When her mother found out she had a teddy she took it away and ripped it to pieces then beat Aria for hiding it from her.

Aria colored for a while making sure to listen for footsteps so she could hide the coloring book and crayons quickly. She wasn't allowed to lock her door because one, there wasn't a lock two, if there was a lock her parents would remove it.

Aria got so lost in coloring that she didn't notice or hear her mother coming into her room until her mother called her. "Aria! Get out of that room!" Her mother yelled getting ready to open her door. Aria quickly tried to hide the coloring book and crayons under the bed.

She noticed one of the crayons roll over by the door she tried to grab it quickly but it was too late. Because her mother already opened her bedroom door noticing the crayon right away.

Her mother bent down to grab the crayon off the floor. She looked up at Aria angrily. "Are you serious right now? Where is it Aria? I told you to stop getting all these childish things!" She came closer towards Aria grabbing her by her hair pulling it hard. "Ahh!" Aria screamed out in pain.

"Shut up!" Her mother slapped her across the face. "Where is the rest of the stuff Aria? If I have to repeat myself one more time I'm gonna get your father instead."

Aria looked at her mother tears rolling down her face. "P-please m-mom i-it's a-all i h-have d-don't t-take it." She pleaded to her mother.

Her mother slapped her again. "I didn't ask you to speak I just wanted you to hand over the crayons and coloring book." She yanked Arias hair hard pulling her up off the floor. "Owww! m-mom p-please." Aria cried out.

"Give me the crayons and coloring book Aria I'm not playing with you." She let Arias hair go so she could grab the coloring book and crayons from under the bed.

Her mother snatched it out of her hands kicking her in the stomach laughing at her. "I can't believe how childish you are. Fucking unbelievable. You better bring your ass down stairs soon." Her mother said as she walked out of her room slamming the door shut. Aria stayed on the floor crying in pain.

After a while of calming down and trying to ignore the pain in her stomach from how hard her mother kicked her.

She got up going to her bathroom to splash water on her face. She looked in the mirror her eyes were puffy and her dark circles were getting worse.

She walked downstairs to the living room. Her father looked at her. "Aria I need you to go clean up the two guest bedrooms for Aaron and Caleb. They will be staying the night." Her father explained surprisingly nicely to her but she knew that it was just him acting.