Chapter 54. Space

Caleb POV
I walked into my house Aaron and Layla walking towards me coming from the kitchen. "She's sleeping in the bedroom." Layla told me. "Thanks guys for helping me out today."

"It's fine Caleb we will help you anytime you need." Aaron said. "Were gonna go home now call us if you need anything."

Layla said smiling while holding Aaron's hand. "I will. Thank you." I waved goodbye to them closing and locking the door behind them.

I went up the stairs opening our bedroom door slowly so I wouldn't wake her up. I went into the bathroom so I could shower before I got into the bed with her.

I shut the bathroom door so it wasn't so loud and wake her. I took off my clothes getting into the shower. I could hear sleeping beauty playing on the tv. I watched Andrews blood wash off my body going down the drain.

When it came to being merciless and ruthless I was a little too good at it but that's how you had to be when your in a mafia.

Aria never seen that side of me which was probably best for her. It's like a switch that is hard to control but once you get the hang of it you can switch it on and off when needed.

It's scary to have a mindset that's dark like mine but that's just how my parents made me. Me and Aria could relate in a lot of things that we went through and I was happy to be able to connect with her in that way.

I finished my shower drying my hair with a towel only putting on my boxers and sweatpants. I slowly got into the bed next to her pulling her close to me kissing her cheek and neck.

She moved around in the bed turning around to face me while I continued kissing her all over her face.

She started crying opening her eyes when she saw me. "I'm sorry baby don't cry." I pulled her onto my lap wiping away her tears. "I m-missed y-you." She whimpered out wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I missed you too princess." I squeezed her waist pulling her closer into me pulling away some of her hair from her neck so I could smell her scent again.

I kissed her neck softly inhaling her scent. "Daddy missed you so much princess." I said against her neck. She was still crying in my arms holding onto me tightly.

She pulled away from my shoulder but I pulled her back into me. "Just a little more princess." I could feel her tears dripping down her cheeks as she hugged me with her arms around my waist. I kissed her forehead brushing her hair back.

We stayed like that she was still silently crying with her eyes closed while I rubbed her back to calm her down. "I'm here now baby no more crying princess." I wiped her tears away kissing her cheeks a few times.

"W-where d-did y-you g-go? Y-you w-were a-all b-bloody I w-was w-worried s-sick a-about y-you." She said angrily. "Y-you l-left m-me a-all a-alone." She said even angrier. "I'm sorry princess I didn't want to leave you."

She got off of my lap getting down from the bed. "Where are you going princess?" I got up from the bed quickly when I noticed she was leaving the room.

She walked really fast for being so short. I caught up to her right before she could go down the stairs.

"L-let m-me g-go." She wiggled around in my arms trying to get me to let her go. "No not until you let me finish explaining myself." She stopped fighting me letting me carry her back to our bedroom.

"Y-you t-told m-me y-you w-were o-only g-going t-to b-be g-gone f-for a f-few h-hours. W-why d-did y-you l-lie?" She was right and that made me feel even more guilty.

"I honestly thought I would be back in a few hours but what I was doing took longer than expected." I tried to explain but it seemed to make her more upset.

"C-Caleb c-could y-you j-just b-be h-honest w-with m-me p-please." She begged. I grabbed her hands pulling her closer to me.

"Promise me you won't feel guilty or blame yourself for what I'm about to tell you." My voice strong and serious.

"O-okay I p-promise." She answered with a hint of hesitation in her voice. "That doesn't sound convincing Aria"

I could tell she didn't want to respond because she was avoiding my eyes. I wrapped my hand around her neck lifting her head so she was looking at me.

"You want me to be honest right Aria?" I said getting angry with her lack of communication. "Y-yes." She responded dryly. "So promise me like you mean it Aria don't make me repeat myself." She looked into my eyes with tears falling down her face.

"I p-promise I w-won't f-feel g-guilty o-or b-blame m-myself." She said more meaningfully. "Good now what I'm about to say will be very brutal for you." I warned her.

"Your mother and father where both tortured to death by me and Sage. Your mother died first by Sage. Your father died just a few hours ago by me. That should explain the bloody clothes I was wearing when I came home and why I was gone all day yesterday and most of today."

"I know you wanted me to just kill them but I couldn't bring myself to do it I wanted them to feel the same pain they caused you. I know this is a lot for you to handle so if you want I will give you some space so you can heal from this."

She got really quiet not saying a word to me or looking at me. She backed away from me a few steps. "Please say something princess." I tried reaching out for her but she backed away from me even more.

"I-it's o-over n-now. T-their g-go-gone." She said looking up at me with a relieved smile and teary eyes. "Yes their gone now you don't need to be afraid anymore." I confirmed to her.

"I f-forgive y-you f-for w-what y-you d-did t-to t-them b-because a p-part o-of m-me k-knows t-they d-deserved I-it b-but i w-wish y-you w-would h-have t-told m-me b-before y-you d-did i-it." She explained still not coming any closer towards me or letting me touch her.

"I d-don't w-want t-to b-be a-away f-from y-you. B-but I t-think I-it's b-best I-if w-we s-stay a-away f-from e-each o-other f-for a f-few d-days."

I didn't like her suggestion one bit but I knew I messed up and I'm the one who told her I would give her space if she wanted it.

"If that's what you need princess then I will do it but your staying here I will be in the guest room that's more than enough space." I stood up and left the room before she could protest against it.