Chapter 4. Falling asleep

Aria cleaned the whole house as much as she could. She threw up all of the food she ate because of how hard her mother kicked her in the stomach. She started cooking dinner but it was difficult because her head kept spinning and her eyes were burning making it difficult for her to keep her eyes open.

She could feel her body giving up on her. Her body was so exhausted she couldn't keep her eyes open. She tried splashing water on her face but it did nothing. She tried drinking a soda but she could barely get it open because of her weak hands.

She wasn't going to be able to cook dinner her body was too weak and exhausted to cook. She slowly and carefully walked upstairs to her bedroom.

She laid in her bed it was surprisingly more comfortable than usual and the blanket smelled so calming and great it made her want to sleep even more.

Maybe it was because she was really tired her mind was playing tricks with her. She closed her eyes snuggling into the blanket letting sleep consume her.

Caleb and Aaron came back to Andrews they were going to stay a couple of more days. Aaron left to his bedroom claiming he was tired and needed a shower.

Caleb decided he was going to do the same but just go to bed because he showered early in the morning before he left.

Caleb walked into his room he could tell something was odd about his bed it looked like someone was sleeping snuggled up in the blanket. He walked slowly towards his bed to look who it was. He pulled down the covers a little hearing a soft whimper coming from Aria.

She looked like she was about to cry she was having a nightmare. He was about to wake her up but he knew she needed this sleep. So instead of waking her he got in the bed with her pulling her close to him wrapping his arm around her waist.

Her whimpers stopped and her body began to calm down again. Caleb was exhausted maybe not as much as Aria but he was exhausted. He closed his eyes letting his mind and body rest. 

Aaron knocked on Caleb's bedroom door but no response. He assumed he was showering so he just walked in he needed to grab his charger that he left on Caleb's desk this morning.

As he walked into the room he noticed Caleb on the bed sleeping so he quietly walked towards Caleb's desk to grab his charger.

He heard a whimper come from someone it wasn't Caleb because it sounded soft like a female. He looked over at Caleb's bed again this time seeing Aria in Caleb's arms sleeping peacefully close against each other.

He smiled at the two he was rooting for the two to happen since he seen them the other day in the bedroom. He teased Caleb about it all day today Caleb got angry but hasn't denied liking her.

He noticed how protective Caleb was about her since he seen her when she interrupted there conversation in the dining room. Aaron walked quietly out of the bedroom leaving the two alone to sleep.

Caleb heard yelling coming from downstairs he heard Andrew calling Aria. She was still sleeping and he wasn't going to let them wake her up because he knew she needed to rest. He got out of the bed quietly to not wake her. He walked out of his bedroom angrily not liking how loud they were.

As he walked halfway down the stairs he seen Andrew and Elizabeth both rushing angrily upstairs. He stopped them right away. "Where are you two going?" He asked them confused on how fast and angry they looked. "We're going to get Aria we told her to cook dinner and she left it all in the kitchen uncooked."

"Could you move out of the way Caleb this has nothing to do with you." Elizabeth told Caleb. "Shes sleeping." He told them both sternly not moving out the way.

"No one is going to wake her up. Get someone else to make dinner or order something. I dare one of you to try to come in my room and wake her up!" he angrily replied to Elizabeth and Andrew.

"Let's go Elizabeth we'll just order something." Elizabeth looked at her husband angrily. Caleb turned around going back to his room.

As soon as Caleb entered his bedroom he heard Aria sobbing in her sleep. He quickly walked towards her. He tried to wake her up but it was no use she was in a deep sleep. Her sobbing started getting louder and she started mumbling.

"P-please s-stop d-dad." He could barely hear what she was mumbling he tried to shake her awake but then she started screaming. "M-mommy p-please s-stop I-I'm s-sorry d-don't h-hurt m-me p-please!" Caleb splashed a little water onto her face to wake her up.

Aaron ran into Caleb's room hearing screams coming from his room. Aria woke up crying from the intense nightmare. Caleb pulled her close to him to cradle her like a child wrapping her legs around his waist while whispering into her ear. "Shh it was just a nightmare baby." He looked at Aaron who stood by the door shocked and worried.

Aria continued to cry into Caleb's chest. The dream really scared her she tried to wake up but it was like she was stuck it felt so real.

Andrew and Elizabeth heard the screaming coming from upstairs but chose to take there time to check what it was. They knew it was Aria so they took there time walking up the stairs to Caleb's room.

When Andrew and Elizabeth entered Caleb's room they saw Aria in Caleb's arms crying. Elizabeth got angry. "Why are you holding her like that?" She was about to yank Aria out of Caleb's arms but Aaron stopped her.

"She needs to grow up she's fucking 18 years old and acts like a child!" Elizabeth yelled causing Aria to flinch and Hold onto Caleb tighter. "Get her out of here!" Caleb said angrily to Andrew.

He pulled Aria closer against him whispering into her ear. "It's okay baby I got you." She snuggled her face into his neck she could smell the same fragrance that she smelled in the blanket that helped her calm down.

Aaron eventually left the room leaving Caleb and Aria alone. Caleb held Aria until she calmed down. He knew she was still exhausted so he rubbed her back trying to sooth her back to sleep.

"Sleep princess I won't let anyone hurt you." She lifted her head to look up at him with her puffy eyes her lips wobbly and her eyes began to tear up again

"I-I c-can't s-sleep I-it's g-gonna h-happen a-again." Her tears rolling down her face. "Shh don't cry. Your exhausted baby you need to rest." He told her wiping her tears. "I-I'm s-scared p-please d-don't l-leave m-me." She pleaded not liking the idea of sleeping again.

"P-please I-I c-can't s-sleep I-it's t-too m-much." She cried to him. "Okay shh don't cry baby you don't have to sleep." He assured her even tho he wanted her to sleep.

Then it all clicked she always looked tired and exhausted because she was afraid of sleeping. He finally understood what she was going through. She had insomnia or somniphobia.

Caleb Held her as she played with his fingers and traced his tattoos on his arms and neck. He could tell she was struggling to stay awake. But she was too afraid to sleep.

He knew she wasn't going to be able to last that long he just had to be patient. They were both comfortable in silence watching her tiny fingers trace his tattoos. He watched her eyes close for a minute and then she would force her eyes open and rub her eyes to wake up.

But it clearly didn't keep her up because her eyes would close again. He hated seeing her struggle with trying to keep herself awake.

After a few minutes passed she finally gave up and fell asleep in Caleb's arms snuggling her face into the crook of his neck holding onto him tightly as she mumbled and whispered.

"P-please d-don't l-leave m-me d-da..." she whispered too low for Caleb to hear the last part. He eventually fell asleep with her on-top of his chest holding onto his shirt tightly.