Chapter 32. Scary thoughts

Caleb POV
I made me and Aria some lunch I wanted to make it a little fancy and fun so I could cheer her up. Because since we left to the doctors she's been really sad like something's bothering her.

She would smile a few times in an attempt to convince me that nothing was bothering her but I could read her emotions and actions like a book. She was going through something and I wanted to make her feel better.

I cut up fruits into hearts and animal shapes she loved eating them when I cut em that way. I made us two sandwiches. I used the biggest cookie cutter shaped as a mouse to cut off the crust of the sandwich cause she didn't like that part.

And I got her a Dr Pepper just to make it even better and cheer her up even more. I set everything up neatly on a tray before I headed upstairs to our bedroom where she left to once we got home.

I walked into our bedroom that was very quiet. She was sleeping on my side of the bed cuddled up in my pillow to help her sleep. I smiled softly watching her sleep.

I remember when she wasn't sleeping because of her horrible nightmares. She looked so exhausted and worn out. Every time I looked at her I felt like she was going to cry her soul out because of all the suffering and pain she went through.

I set the tray down on the nightstand so I could wake her up. "Wake up princess." I softly whispered pecking her nose. She scrunched her nose smiling a little. "Come on baby girl I made you lunch." I said brushing away the hair in her face.

She hummed softly slowly waking up. She rubbed her eyes softly as she sat up. "I-is t-that a-a D-Dr p-pepper?" She asked softly her eyes brightening up in happiness. "Yes it is but I want you to eat first and then you can have the Dr Pepper."

She pouted but didn't speak up after instead she just sat there quietly. I didn't like it but I didn't want to make her more upset than she already was.

She took small bites of the sandwich that I made her. I was happy she was eating but I always encouraged her to take bigger bites of her food. Today would be an exception only because she was upset.

She ate a few pieces of the fruit then laid back on the bed facing the other way. I moved the tray back onto the nightstand so I could lay next to her. She was quiet and it killed me to see her act this way.

She was always so happy and joyful around me she was loud and hyper most of the time so when she was upset I noticed right away. I knew something was wrong with her because she didn't even drink her Dr Pepper it was obvious she was overthinking something and I didn't like it one bit.

"Princess tell me what's wrong?" I turned her around so she was facing me so I could look at her. I rubbed her cheek with my thumb as I looked into her eyes.

Her eyes looked sad and empty they weren't happy and joyful like they were all the time. "Talk to me princess tell daddy what's wrong?" I spoke to her softly encouraging her to speak up.

"I-I'm s-sorry d-daddy." She said softly trying to hold back her tears. "It's okay to cry baby don't hold back your tears." I sat up so I could straddle her in my lap instead.

She started to cry in my chest letting out all her emotions that she was trying to keep to herself. "Did I do something to make you so upset princess?" I asked wanting to know what was going on with her.

"N-no I-I'm j-just h-having r-really s-scary t-thoughts a-about o-our b-baby." She explained through sobs. "Don't think like that baby you know I will do anything to make you feel better." I told her rubbing her back like I always did for her.

"I-I'm s-sorry y-you h-have t-to d-deal w-with m-my s-stuttering." What she said made me angry I didn't like cause she felt the need to have to apologize about something she couldn't control.

"Don't you ever apologize about something like that. If I have to I will spend the rest of my life reminding you of how beautiful and amazing you are every single day. Your voice is beautiful you are beautiful inside and out."

"I promise you everything your parents have said to you they are so wrong you are the opposite to everything they said about you. Our kids will love you and I will make sure of it. Our kids will be have the best mother they could ever ask for."

"I can promise them that because your the most amazing women I've ever met and I am so grateful and appreciate you so much."

"I don't want you to ever think you are not good enough because you are more than enough for me. Promise me you won't ever think of yourself like that again."

She was crying so much she grabbed onto my shirt tightly. "Promise me princess." I cupped her face with my hands so she was looking into my eyes. "I p-promise d-daddy. I l-love y-you s-so m-much." She spoke up calming down a little.

"Good now stop stressing so much we talked about this. We will get through this together." I kissed her cheek wiping her tears away so she could calm down.

"I love you princess don't cry anymore I don't want to see my precious baby crying anymore." I spoke to her in a caring voice so she could feel more comfortable and calm down.

"Y-your t-the b-best. I a-appreciate y-you s-so m-much." She said kissing me on my cheek. I kissed her softly on her lips then laid her head against my chest running my fingers through her soft silky hair.

We laid in bed she was still straddled around me with her head laid against my chest with her eyes closed. I lifted up the blanket so I could cover us both so she wasn't cold.

"You okay princess?" I asked wanting to make sure she was okay. "I-I'm f-fine d-daddy." She replied sleepily. I lifted her body up slightly so I could turn her on her side so she was laying on the bed.

She held my shirt tight thinking I was going to leave her. But I just wanted to make her sleep more comfortable. When she noticed what I was doing she laid her head on my chest but kept my shirt in a tight grip.

"Sleep princess I'll be here the whole time." I whispered softly closing my eyes as well to sleep with her.