Chapter 93. Nonna's wooden spoon

Aria POV
We arrived at Lydia's house Aaron and Layla followed us in their car to her house. I held onto Caleb's shirt walking next to him to the front door with Aaron and Layla behind us.

We walked inside the house the house was filled with a delicious scent of fresh cooked food. "I-it s-smells s-so g-good d-daddy." I couldn't help but express how good it smelled.

"Let's go see what she made." Caleb said walking us into the kitchen where she was already sipping plates like she knew we were going to come. "Here go sit and eat at the dining table." She instructed us all.

We all just grabbed our plates going to sit in the dining room like she told us. Caleb sat next to me.

"This is a soup that she makes with cheese noodles. It has mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan and a two more but I can't remember what there called." He explained to me.

"Be careful it hot princess." I scooped up some of the noodles so I could try it, it was steaming hot I blew on it to cool it down before I ate it. Caleb watched me making sure I didn't burn my mouth.

"I-it's r-really g-good." I told Caleb after I finished chewing my food. I ate slowly Caleb watching over me so I wouldn't burn myself. He would blow on my food occasionally to cool it down for me faster.

I was the last one to finish eating everyone was talking while Caleb and me were comfortable in silence staring into nothing.

"Look at these two Lydia filled up their stomach they can't even speak." Sammy pointed us out pulling us out of our thoughts. I smiled at her then to Caleb who was already looking at me with a smile.

"Nonna come here I have something to tell you." Aaron called for her. Layla looked nervous grabbing Aaron's hand as if she wanted to tell him to stop but Lydia already came inside the dining room.

"What is it Aaron?" She asked him sitting next to him. "Layla and me have some news we want to share with you." He explained to her holding Laylas hand to ease her nervousness. "I'm listening go on." Lydia encourage them to speak.

Aaron gave Layla one last glance to make sure she was okay before he told Lydia the news. "Layla is 8 weeks pregnant." He told her.

Lydia's eyes widened with happiness but soon turned accusingly as she pulled out her wooden spoon from her apron.

"I asked you yesterday if she was pregnant and you said she wasn't now all of a sudden she's 8 weeks pregnant. You both are going to get punished by me today for this."

She yelled pointing her wooden spoon at Caleb and Aaron making them both stand up from their chairs to escape from her wooden spoon.

She chased them around the house she was old but she could run. I didn't like this one bit I know she didn't hit them that hard with the spoon.

I tried my best to just stay calm and think of it as something funny like the rest of them did but I just couldn't convince myself. "Aria are you okay?" Layla and Sammy asked me "I'm fine." I told them so they wouldn't worry.

She smacked Caleb against his back with the spoon I closed my eyes not being able to watch her hit Caleb. I decided I would take mine and Caleb's bowls to the kitchen and wash them to distract myself from what they were doing.

I didn't even realize I had tears rushing down my cheeks until I felt one drip down on my shirt. I left out the back door needing fresh air this was triggering bad memories that I didn't want to remember.

I took deep breaths walking down the same pathway Caleb showed me. I knew it was just a joke to them and Lydia didn't mean much harm to them but I couldn't handle stuff like that and I hated it cause they were just having fun.

I stopped walking when I noticed I was going a little too far sitting on one of the side benches. I stopped crying by distracting myself I didn't want to make this a big deal.

Lydia was the nicest women I've ever met and she raised Caleb and Aaron that way I can't change that.

A small ladybug flew onto my hand while I was sitting I made a small wish blowing the ladybug off my hand to fly away. I rubbed my baby bump talking to him as if he could hear me.

"M-mommy a-and d-daddy c-can't w-wait t-to m-meet y-you i h-hope e-everything g-goes w-well w-when i g-give b-birth t-to y-you. M-mommies t-trying I r-really a-am I d-don't w-wanna h-hurt y-you. Y-you a-and L-Laylas b-baby a-are g-going t-to b-be b-best f-friends. S-soon y-you'll b-be I-in m-my a-arms A-Ace w-we c-can't w-wait t-to h-hold y-you."

I smiled to myself thinking about the future when Caleb will finally be holding our baby I can't wait to see that day finally come to reality.

I could smell Caleb's strong cologne coming up behind me his colossal hands cupping my cheeks bringing my head back pecking my lips softly.

He came from behind the bench sitting next to me pulling me close to him with his arm around my shoulder letting me lean my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry princess I know you hate seeing her hit us with that wooden spoon but I promise she isn't hurting us at all."

He gently turned my head to face him kissing my lips softly. "You know I like how concerned and worried you get about me." I blushed softly at his comment he lifted me up turning my body so I was straddling him in his lap.

"Your gonna be the best mother for our children I just know it." He looked down at my belly rubbing it softly right where our baby began to kick like he knew it was Caleb's hand. "I think he agrees with me princess." He laughed smiling down at my stomach.

I laid my head down on his shoulder snuggling closer into his neck nibbling on his skin softly. He rubbed my back kissing my cheek softly pushing my hair out my face so I could nibble on his neck more easily.

His hands gradually tightening around my waist the more I nibbled on his sensitive skin. A low throaty groan erupts from his lips. "Naughty little princess." He smacked my ass pulling a small whimper from me.

I stopped teasing him nibbling away from his sensitive skin I gripped his shirt in a tight squeeze craving his comforting touch and words. He grabbed my hands pulling me from his neck so I would look at him knowing exactly what I wanted.

"You miss touching daddy don't you princess?" He asked me knowing I couldn't stop myself from touching him in any way possible.

"I c-can't h-help I-it d-daddy." I admitted. "I know princess. Such a good little princess for daddy." He praised me.

He let me place my hands under his shirt I wrapped them around his back touching his warm skin laying my head back down on his shoulder.

"Is that better princess?" He asked me. "Mmhm I-it's g-good d-daddy." I answered him feeling satisfied now.