Chapter 88. Calebs grandmother Lydia

Aria POV
Caleb began to explain to her how we met and how everything happened. She was the sweetest lady I've ever met she made me feel so comfortable.

I though I was going to be nervous but she made me feel like we've known each other for years.

Her reaction when she saw how pregnant I was, was absolutely hilarious she was so excited to see Caleb that she didn't notice it at the door. I couldn't help but laugh when she started beating Caleb with a wooden spoon.

At first I didn't like cause she was hitting him but then I noticed she wasn't using that much force to hurt him intentionally. It was honestly the funniest thing ever I never seen Caleb run away from someone until now.

"Is it going to be a girl or a boy?" She asked me excitedly I looked at Caleb shyly he gave me a warm smile encouraging me to speak up. "I-it's a b-boy." She hugged me happily. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment."

"I have to tell my family about this." She said excitedly getting up to grab her phone from the kitchen. I looked at Caleb laughing softly with a small blush still on my face. "Come here princess." I walked over to him timidly sitting next to him on the couch.

"A-are y-you o-okay?" I asked him worriedly. I stood back up so I could check his head even tho she barely hit him I still felt the need to check on him.

"I'm fine princess she barely hit me it's probably just red I'm used to it." He explained still letting me check.

It was a little red on his neck but it was fading quickly. I still kissed it softly feeling bad for laughing at him. I sat back down next to him holding his hand we could hear Lydia in the kitchen telling everyone about my pregnancy.

"Tomorrow were going to celebrate I wanted to do it today but I don't want to overwhelm you both since it's getting late." She said while walking back into the living room.

"Thank you nonna." She smiled at both of us you could see how happy she was just by looking at her eyes.

"Let's go eat I'm sure your both are starving by now." Caleb placed his hand on my lower back guiding me through the kitchen to the dining room. It smelled amazing whatever she cooked smelled delicious.

"S-smells d-delicious." I complimented before I sat down in the chair Caleb pulled out for me to sit in.

"Thank you sweetheart it's Caleb's favorite parmigiana. It's kinda like lasagna but instead of pasta we use eggplants instead."

"I-it l-looks a-amazing." She smiled at me again my stuttering didn't even phase her one bit making me feel less cautious.

"Try it your going to love it." She encouraged me. I cut me a slice taking a bite of it all the flavors exploding in my mouth it was the best thing I've ever tasted.

"You like it?" She asked me. "I-it's s-so d-delicious I s-see w-why C-Caleb l-likes I-it." She gave me an approving smile.

"Here's another slice because your pregnant." She insisted even tho I didn't think I was going to be able to eat it all.

"Eat as much as you can princess you don't have to eat all of it as long as your full." Caleb assured me so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed kissing my cheek softly.

Lydia began to tell me about all the embarrassing stories about Caleb when he was younger. He told her to stop but she just continued making me a laughing mess the whole dinner.

"This wooden spoon is his worst enemy he was such a troublemaker when he was younger it was the only way to keep him from getting into more trouble."

I laughed Caleb looked at me smiling at me. I was truly enjoying myself I felt like I've known them my whole life. I felt comfortable and happy the entire time. "Nonna that's enough about me your making her laugh too much."

"Oh hush Caleb you've been hiding the poor girl from me this whole time." She argued getting up to take the dishes.

Me and Caleb got up as well so we could take our own plates Caleb grabbed mines not wanting me to carry anything.

"You sit princess I'll help take everything." He kissed my lips gently before he left into the kitchen with Lydia.

I walked into the living room noticing a picture on the wall of a kid that looked like Caleb and Lydia when she was younger.

I grabbed the picture holding it in my hands I felt Caleb come up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my cheek softly. "That's when I turned seven years old." He explained to me helping me put back the picture on the wall.

"Y-you l-look s-so c-cute I-in t-these p-pictures.". He smiled rubbing my belly.  "H-he's k-kicking d-do y-you f-feel I-it?"

I asked him placing his hand on the spot our baby was kicking me. "I do princess." He walked in front of me crouching down in front of my stomach.

"How can you kick your beautiful mother?" He spoke softly against my stomach to our baby. He kissed my stomach gently looking up at me as I smiled at him lovingly. "So beautiful." He complimented standing back up pecking my lips softly.

"Nonna were going home." She was walking towards us with a comforting smile. "Today you guys will be staying here it's way too late for you guys to leave now."

She instructed us firmly. "Don't fight me on this Caleb go take your wife to bed now, you know where the rooms are." She told him sternly.

"Goodnight nonna." He told her before we went upstairs like she told us to. "G-goodnight L-Lydia." I told her.

"Goodnight I will see you both in the morning now get some rest." We went upstairs into one of the spare rooms.

"She really likes you way more than me." He said while helping me take my dress off. "R-really h-how?" I asked getting in the bed.

"She's way nicer to you than she is to me." He put a pillow between my legs so I could sleep more comfortably.

"S-she's r-really n-nice a-and c-cooks a-amazing." I told him kissing his cheek. "I'm glad you finally got to meet her I wish I let you meet her sooner I'm just glad you both got along quickly."

I rubbed his cheek softly staring into his eyes silently while he did the same to me smiling at each other happily.

"Sleep princess" he whispered softly when I closed my eyes kissing my lips gently making sure the blanket was covering me.

I snuggled closer into him. "L-love y-you d-daddy." I whispered to him. "Love you too princess." He responded back whispering with a small kiss on my lips.

*Authors note*
Just wanted to make it clear that Lydia and any other family members that are apart of Caleb's family are not actually his true family they just raised him kinda like adopted him basically after his mother abandoned him.